2 Day Inca Trail Hike to Machu Picchu is a hiking trail in Peru; the trail passes through cloud forest & Inca sites before ending at the Sun Gate on Machu Picchu!
2 Day Inca Trail Hike is a taste of the Peru in a short time. Take this tour, which is the best option to explore part of the ancient Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. The 2 day Inca Trail tour is ideal for families, honeymooners, couples, or a group of friends who want to learn about the sacred Inca trails. Many people like this trek because there are some advantages such as you do not have trek too long as compared to the regular 4 days trek of 45 km/27 miles. So if you have a shortage of time for trekking in Travel to Peru, and you are interested in getting a taste of hiking Inca trail; this two day trek is a good one for you “The best of the best”.
Green light! Confirmed Kondor Path Tours is official operator of the INCA TRAIL 2018!
- Short Inca Trail day 1: Cusco – Ollantaytambo and Train to Km 104 (Short Inca Trail Tour)
- Short Inca Trail day 2: Machu Picchu Tour
Day 1: Cusco – Ollanta to Km 104 (2 Day Inca Trail Hike)
We start from Cusco at 4:00 am by Van to Ollantaytambo train station, then we will pass by train following the river. At KM 104 we start our 2 Day Inca Trail Hike. First we have to check our passports and documentation so we can get into the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu. Then we hike a few minutes to the first Inca site called Chachabamba (like the song Bamba Bamba). After 3 hours of trekking we reach Wiñaywayna, the second Inca site (between Chachabamba and Wiñaywayna is a sunny area so bring a good sunblock, hat, and plenty of water), but sometimes is cloudy “let´s be ready for a great day hike exploring Inca Trail along Machu Picchu expedition”.
From Wiñaywayna we enter the Classic Inca trail route where the hikers of 4 day trek are camping. Then the last part of hike is a 2 hour trek to reach Machu Picchu site. The trail travels through beautiful green landscapes, so at times it’s like walking in a garden. Once we get to Machu Picchu we have time to take a lot of pictures from the guard house which is the best location in all the area to get a panoramic overview of Machu Picchu. We then board the touristic bus to Machu Picchu town which is also called Aguas Calientes village because there are hot spring pools. At Aguas Calientes you will spend the night and the next day we will go back to visit Machu Picchu, explore it, and have a walking guided tour, followed by leisure time by yourself in Machu Picchu.
2 Day Inca Trail Hike Summary
- Pickup from your hotel and transfer to Ollantaytambo train station
- Train service to KM 104; the starting point [2 Day Inca Trail Hike].
- Explore by trek 3 Incan sites
- Inti Punku
- PM first glimpse of Machu Picchu from the Sun Gate and the Inca guard house
- PM bus service to Aguas Calientes village (last bus at 5:20PM)
- Walking distance 10 km/6.2 miles
- Trailhead elevation: 2,000 m/6,550 ft. “Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu Vacation”
- Highest point elevation Inti Punku (the Sun Gate) 2,720 m/8,920 ft
- Machu Picchu elevation: 2,400 m/7,875 ft. “Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu Vacation”
- Estimated duration: 6 hour trek “Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu Vacation”
- Difficulty Level: Moderate and Easy. (Ascent: 546 m/1,791 ft. – Descent: 315 m/1,033 ft.)
- Accommodation: Aguas Calientes overnight.
- In Aguas Calientes village you will recover and gather strength for the second day in Machu Picchu
- Meals: 1 Box Lunch (We can provide a vegetarian box-lunch if you let us know ahead of time.)
Day 2: Machu Picchu Tour
Today is the day to visit Machu Picchu with your professional tour guide and explore all the Inca city. You will also have plenty of free time on your own in Machu Picchu or time to climb the famous mountain of Waynapicchu or Montaña (Book in advance for these optional Mountains). Afterwards you will return to Aguas Calientes to catch the train service back to Ollantaytambo village; then by transport to Cusco city that evening.
Drop off at your hotel in Cusco. End of 2 Day Inca Trail Hike
- Early breakfast at your hostel
- Bus or hiking up to Machu Picchu (by bus 25 minutes, by foot 1.5 hours)
- 2 hour tour for exploring Machu Picchu with your guide, and then free time for you
- Climb to Huayna Picchu (Optional not included– book in advance with us) 7 AM or 10 AM
- PM return by bus to Aguas Calientes village “Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu Vacation”
- PM train return service from Machu Picchu train station to Ollantaytambo train station
- Train times: at 2:55 PM, 4:45 PM, or 6:45 PM depending on availability at Peru Rail/Inca rail
- PM or night transfer service from Ollantaytambo to Cusco city by van.
- Difficulty: Mountain Spirit
- Meals: 1 Breakfast
- When to go: The best time to visit is April through October. It’s the busy season (especially June to August), but it’s also the dry season.
- Difficulty: The trek is rated moderate; any reasonably fit person should be able to cover the route.
- Temperatures: From minus 4ºC to 28ºC/39° Fahrenheit to 82° Fahrenheit
- Note that the Inca Trail is closed in February
- Service Level: Standard / Comfortable tourist-class
- Rating: 4 star
2 Day Inca Trail Hike YOU NEED A PERMIT in order to book your hike and Machu Picchu tour. The Peruvian authorities cap the number of Inca Trail hike permits to 500 people per day. Everyone entering the trail needs a permit including the trekker, guide, porters, and other support staff. Permits often sell out several months in advance (5 to 8 months in advance), so you must book well ahead to secure your place. When you fill in our booking form, you must fill in alternative start dates that are possible for you to begin the trek. If your preferred date is sold out we will use one of these alternative dates for your permit. Once we purchase your permit from the National Park office (INC & UGM), you are 100% confirmed to start this day. Note: This date cannot be changed. Permits are completely non-refundable or transferable, so please make sure the date you booked is a good date to start this adventure. Your permit is linked to your name and passport number. If you change your passport after booking your Short Inca Trail Machu Picchu Vacation Permit or you plan to travel with a different passport, you MUST also bring the passport you used to book your permit, or you will not be able to trek the 2 Day Inca Trail Hike.
HUAYNA PICCHU: Only 400 people can climb this mountain, so it needs to be booked in advance, and the price is $65 per person. It is recommended to climb Huayna Picchu at the 10-11 AM time slot, as otherwise you miss your guided tour. It is recommended to have this booked about 4 to 7 months in advance in order to secure your permit.
“2 Day Inca Trail Hike”
2 Day Inca Trail Hike Includes
- 2 Day Inca Trail Hike to Machu Picchu
- Trek briefing with your guide.
- Professional Kondor guide (on trek)
- Second tour guide for groups of 9+
- Short Inca Trail permit and entrance fees to Machu Picchu.
- Private transport and professional driver (round trip from your hotel to train station). You will be picked up directly from your hotel around 4 AM (unless you are staying in Ollantaytambo before the trek), and brought to the train station to head to KM 104.
- Train Service to Machu Picchu round trip (2 Day Inca Trail Hike).
- 3 bus tickets Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu.
- 1 night in a Hotel 3 STAR in Aguas Calientes. Sierra Andina group (Andina Luxury, El Presidente) based on sharing a room; either double, matrimonial or triple depending on availability. SIA brand rooms all include private bathrooms with hot showers and Wi-Fi.
- Meals as indicated (1 Box Lunch, 1 Breakfast). (We can provide a vegetarian box-lunch if you let us know in advance.)
- Oxygen tank & First aid kit
- All local taxes
2 Day Inca Trail Hike Does Not Include
- Entrance fee for Huayna Picchu Mountain (Walk to the top without a guide. The trail is well marked). Keep in mind that the trekking up to the mountain is not suggested for people with problems with vertigo, or who are afraid of heights.
- Breakfast on Day 1, Dinner on Day 1, and Lunch on Day 2
- Energy snacks will be very useful such as chocolate bars, dried fruits, and trail mix.
- Tips: Guide
2 Day Inca Trail Hike Bring
- Original passport
- You only need to carry a small day backpack
- Water to drink on hike (2 liters)
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended but not required).
- Trekking shoes (sneakers or sturdy shoes)
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Comfortable trousers/Sun hat or cap “essential”
- Sun protection cream (SPF 45 or higher recommended) / Insect repellent.
- Re-usable plastic or metal water container or a hydration pack such as Camel-back
- Personal medication
- Basic toiletries
- Camera and film
- Cash in local currency to purchase items
- Optional items to Bring: Bandages or moleskin/Sandals
2 Day Inca Trail Hike
GROUP SERVICE: US$ 530. p/person.
* To open a new date of hike we need at least two trekkers!
** Kondor Path Tours operates the Inca Trail route; our groups are not shared with third parties.
*** Student discounts applies to students holding a valid Green ISIC card. “$ 30 off per person”
PRIVATE SERVICE: US$ 580. p/person.
* To open a new date of hike we need at least two hikers!
RESPONSIBLE Inca Trail trek OPERATOR, Machu Picchu Sustainable Company.
2 Day Inca Trail Hike Upgrade options
Hotel Note: We do not include PayPal 6% merchant fee (paid by the traveler).
Belmond Sanctuary Lodge
+ US$ 530. p/person. DBL / US$ 944. SLG – Deluxe Mountain View
+ US$ 670. p/person. DBL / US$ 1,188. SLG – Deluxe Mountain View & Terrace
+ US$ 920. p/person. DBL / US$ 1,503. SLG -Suites
El Mapi Hotel Machu Picchu by Inkaterra
+ US$ 65. p/person. – Superior Deluxe DBL or SLG
+ US$ 90. p/person. – Suite DBL or SLG
Casa Andina Classic Machu Picchu
+ US$ 50. p/person. – Traditional Room DBL or SLG
+ US$ 60. p/person. – Superior Room DBL or SLG
+ US$ 70. p/person. – Jr. Suite DBL or SLG
+ US$ 75. p/person. – Huayna Picchu entrance fee (book in advance this extra option with your hike package)
+ US$ 75. p/person. – Vistadome Train (One Way)
+ US$ 120. p/person. – Vistadome Train (Round Trip)
+ US$ 10. p/person. – a pair of walking Poles
+ US$ 120. p/person. – Half Porter to carry 7 kg of personal items
* US$ 160. p/person. – Full Porter to carry 14 kg of personal items
Kondor Path Tours HOW TO BOOK
2 Day Inca Trail Hike WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED without a completed booking form and deposit sent to email@example.com. There is a $250 per person deposit needed. All deposits are fully non-refundable. We accept payments through PayPal which will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler, we will email you your booking invoice and confirmation once your information and deposit are received [2 Day Inca Trail Hike].
Many people will already be familiar with using this system and have PayPal accounts, which is the primary method for purchases and sales on eBay. However, an account is not necessary and clients can pay with PayPal by just using their credit cards.
Please note that with PayPal, if you are sending the deposit transfer online, they will normally call your registered home address to confirm the security of the online transaction. If you are not at your home address to confirm the telephone call, the money transfer may be cancelled.
In addition, if a transfer is made from a computer (IP address) in a different country to normal (i.e. whilst you are travelling abroad), then PayPal may need to contact you at home to confirm the transfer is legitimate. Again, if you are not home, the transfer may be cancelled.
If you are away from home, you may need to consider a family member or friend sending the transfer on your behalf, but we would need to know their name.
WE ACCEPT PAYMENTS THROUGH PAYPAL that will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler; we will email you your booking invoice and confirmation once your information and deposit are received.
Click on the image for enlarge the Map
2 Day Inca Trail Hike
|Duration:||2 Days and 1 Night (Aguas Calientes village)|
|Sites to visit:||Inca trail and Inca sites (Chachamba, Choquesuysuy, Wiñaywayna, and Inti Punko)|
|Tour Style:||Adventure (hiking), Archeological, Cultural and Ecological|
|Recommended group size:||Minimum 02 Passenger, Maximum 16 Passengers|
|Highlight:||Hike through via Sun Gate|
|Location:||South America - Peru - Cusco|
|Physical Level:||2 Days and 1 Night (Aguas Calientes village)|
|Total Travel Distance:||10 km / 6.2 miles of Inca Trail|
|Departures:||Any day with two people. Book your space in advance!|
|Recommended age for the tour:|