Classic Amantani island tour & Uros – Overview
Sites to explore:
DAY 1: PUNO – AMANTANI ISLAND
- Boat trip from Puno to Amantani island. A local tour guide will teach you about the history and Andes culture.
- Traditional lunch.
- Visit the ceremonial center of Pachatata or the Pachamama ceremonial center.
- Enjoy the incredible views of the sunset over the immensity of Lake Titicaca.
- Dinner at the family home assigned to your group “the lodging is basic; we support experiential tourism.”
- At 20:00, free time or enjoy traditional dance and celebration (Optional).
- Amantani overnight stay. Basic accommodation “NO HOTELS.”
DAY 2: ISLAND OF THE KANTUTA TO UROS – PUNO
- At 8:00 a.m., we start the tour.
- Boat trip from Amantani to Uros Island
- Visit the floating islands of the Uros on Lake Titicaca.
- Discover the daily activities of the floating islands.
- Enjoy the company of real, local people who spend their whole lives floating!
- Puno’s arrival at 13:00
Uros & Amantani Island Tour distances: (by speedboat)
- PUNO – AMANTANI 50 km / 31 miles, 01 hours, and 20 minutes of navigation.
- AMANTANI – UROS 36 km / 22 miles, 01 hour of navigation.
- UROS ISLANDS – PUNO 14 km / 9 miles, 15 minutes of navigation.
- Puno 3,827 meters / 12,555 feet.
- Amantani 3,950 meters / 12,956 feet.
- Uros 3,810 meters / 12,500 feet.
- South America is a great tourist destination with Peru and Lake Titicaca.
- The Islanders offer homestays for tourists looking for the ultimate traditional experience.
- Explore the two mountain peaks of Pachatata and Pachamama that boast ancient ruins.
- Amantani offers homestay for tourists looking for the ultimate traditional experience.
- Visit the highest navigable lake globally, Titicaca, with its islands and local customs.
- Explore Puno with a speedboat on Lake Titicaca and save time by exploring the islands of Puno longer.
- Immaculate Tripadvisor reviews
Uros & Classic Amantani Island Tour – Detailed Itinerary
Day 1: Puno – Amantani Island on Lake Titicaca (by speedboat)
We will pick you up from your hotel at 8:00 a.m. and start the tour. The first service is the transfer from your hotel to Puno port. The trip by boat lasts approximately 3 hours to reach the port of Amantani.
- Amantani has indigenous traditions and customs of the Inca period.
- In front of Amantani, you can see the island of Taquile, and it seems that it is near.
Amantani Overnight “Local basic homestay.”
Kondor Path Tours Information
- The selected tour will not visit the island of Taquile; we will prioritize the island of Amantani.
- All families of Lake Titicaca are kind and cheerful people keeping their ancestral customs.
- The island means Isla in Spanish.
- All night long, enjoy the tranquility of the lake.
- Amantaní is Kantuta island.
- Is there no hotel service on Lake Titicaca?
- Two ways to travel pleasantly on Lake Titicaca
- The first way is to prepare for the cold by bringing the right clothes.
- The second way is to stroll on the island; it helps a lot.
- Feel free with the host family Amantani away from everything modern.
- Make a wish if it is a starry night in the Andes.
DAY 2: Amantaní to Uros Island – Puno
Today we will visit one of the families on the floating islands. We will walk by the home raft and paddle in one of the totora boats. After this experience, we will go to the port of Puno, which lasts approximately 20 minutes by boat.
Information about the small islands of the Uros
- Drinking coca tea helps prevent altitude sickness.
- It’s great to walk on the floating islands feeling the magic of the site.
- The small houseboats are comfortable.
- Make sure you do not jump on the floating island
This Amantani Island Tour from Puno & Uros Includes
- Active itinerary with unique cultural characteristics.
- Private service.
- English-speaking tour guide.
- Round Trip Transportation by coach with air conditioning “Transfers from Puno city to Puno Port.”
- Speedboat transportation on Lake Titicaca.
- Entrance fee to Puno port, Amantani, and Uros.
- Amantani overnight – Spend the night with an indigenous family on the remote island of Amantani, “basic accommodation.“
- Delicious food: One lunch, one dinner, and one breakfast prepared locally by the islanders of Amantani.
- All Local Taxes.
Our Tour in Uros & Amantani Island NOT INCLUDED
- Boat ride through Totora for 15 minutes near Uros Island.
- Spending money – allow approximately US$ 35-50 per day to cover meals, snacks, drinks, limited souvenirs, laundry, tips, and extras.
What to bring to our Classic Amantani Island Tour & Uros Floating Island
- A good daypack: Eagle Creek Afar Backpack or an appropriate pack to carry your personal belongings!
- 01 rain jacket.
- One warm/winter jacket/gloves, scarf – IMPORTANT “Changing weather all the time.”
- Bring some meds! Iron tablets and pills for altitude sickness.
- Sun protection cream (SPF 45 or higher recommended).
- Re-usable container to your water.
- Extra money.
Puno Cusco, traveler reviews are the best.
PRICES PER PERSON [USD] 2022 | We run this tour only as a Private Service
- Solo travel $610. “prices reduce if more people are in your group.”
- 02 participants $345.
- 03 participants $287.
- 04 participants $238.
- 05 participants $212.
- 06 participants $189.
- 07 participants $166.
- 08 participants to + $154.
Peru is a host country in Latin America for vacation 2022
HOW TO BOOK
Amantani Island Tour, Two Days