Taquile & Uros Island Overview
We pick you up from your hotel at 8:00 a.m., and we start the Puno to Taquile Island tour.
Sites to explore in this experience on the lake Titicaca:
- Walk along Taquile Island & enjoy the view
- A local English-speaking guide will teach you about the history and culture of Taquile.
- Lunch: fresh trout.
UROS FLOATING ISLAND
- Visit the floating islands of the Uros on Lake Titicaca.
- Discover the daily activities of the Taquile floating islands.
- Enjoy the company of real, local people who spend their whole lives floating!
Taquile Island Info: (by speedboat)
- Travel distance:
- PUNO – UROS ISLANDS 14 km / 9 miles, 15 minutes of navigation.
- UROS – TAQUILE 22 km / 13, 6 miles, 01 hours, and 15 minutes of navigation.
- TAQUILE – PUNO 36 km / 22 miles, 01 hours and 10 minutes of navigation
- Puno 3,827 meters / 12,555 feet.
- Uros Island 3,810 meters / 12,500 feet.
- Taquile Island 4,100 meters / 13,451 feet.
Why you will love this trip.
- A trip to Peru is never complete without visiting the awe-inspiring Uros Floating Island and Taquile.
- The islanders offer experiential tourism to tourists seeking the best traditional experience.
- Taquile; Masterpieces of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO.
- Visit the islands with a speedboat on Lake Titicaca and save time to explore the islands of Puno for longer.
- South America Peru – Tourist destination of Puno 2021 – 2022 Enjoy these holidays.
Detailed Itinerary on the Taquile Island Tour & Uros Peru
The transfer from the hotel to the port of Puno is at 7:30 am; our fast boat awaits us in the port.
- First trip: In Taquile, there are two ports to start climbing to the island’s top; we will use the steepest trail to reach the square in 25 minutes of walking.
- Second travel: Uros, we travel to reach the floating islands of the Uros; we will visit one of the islands and one of the families who live floating almost all their lives.
More information about the Puno to Taquile tour
- The tours are in the English language.
- The city of Puno has a principal port near the main square.
- Speedboat tours help save time by exploring each place calmly.
- Our tour guide (s) and the boat drivers have experience navigating the highest navigable lake in Puno – Latin America.
- On the way to Taquile, we will stop on the floating islands to walk around its islands.
- Feel free to climb the roof of the boat to have the best views.
- Things to do in the expedition:
- Take several photos.
- Drinking coca tea helps prevent altitude sickness.
- It’s great to walk on the Uros islands step by step.
- Enjoy your free time in the Taquile Plaza.
- Taquile has the best price of textiles manufactured by Andean men.
- On Taquile, there are no hotel services; there are only Homestay accommodations.
TAQUILE ISLAND TOUR & UROS COST
PRICES PER PERSON [USD] 2021 – 2022 | We run this tour only as a Private Service
- Two clients $260. “prices reduce if there are more people in your group.”
- Three people $248.
- Four tourists $195.
- Five visitors $173.
- Six travelers $149.
- Seven explorers $132.
- Eight customers $122.
- Nine adventurers $112.
- 10-11 vacationers $103.
- 12 excursionists + $95.
- The city of Puno is the capital of the state of Puno and Lake Titicaca.
- In Peru, tourist services, people speak the English language.
- The textiles manufactured by the islanders are of excellent manufacture at reasonable prices.
- The nearest airport to Puno is in the city of Juliaca, a 01-hour drive.
- From Puno, you can explore the incredible Colca Canyon, Arequipa, La Paz, Bolivia, and other places of interest.
- The flight time of Lima Juliaca takes 01 hours and 33 minutes.
- Peru is a popular holiday destination. “Yes.”
HOW TO GET THIS PUNO TO TAQUILE TOUR
Taquile Island Tour & Uros