Taquile Island Tour Overview
We start the pickup service at 08:00 to go to the port of Lake Titicaca and commence the guided excursion from Puno to Taquile Island Tour.
Activities and visits to do on the Lake Titicaca Day Tour to Taquile
- Boat ride around the floating islands of the Uros towards the Taquile islands.
- Decode the daily activities of the islanders, such as the construction of floating islands, food, and the building of floating homes on Lake Titicaca.
- Upon reaching the island of Taquile, slowly ascend the cobbled path to adapt to the elevations of the island until you get to the only main square of Taquile.
- Enjoy an excellent guided tour of the traditional customs of Taquile, especially on the spinning techniques carried out purely by men “take home souvenirs based on textiles to boost the local economy.”
- Visit the Taquile textile museum to observe the different ancestral textiles that show various colors embodied in the material.
- Enjoy free time to walk around the Taquile plaza or look for incredible panoramic views between the island and Lake Titicaca.
- Enjoy a delicious lunch based on fried trout harvested from the northern end of Taquile island. For vegetarians, we have an egg omelet, “if there is a food restriction, write us”; the waiters and cooks are the local Taquile islanders; the restaurant service system is rotating for the best performance of community work.
- We conclude the visit to Taquile Island with the island’s descent following another path to head towards the other port; the panoramic views are magnificent towards the horizon.
Essential information about Lake Titicaca One Day Tour
- Distance to travel by speedboat on Lake Titicaca:
- Trip from Puno’s port to the Uros’s floating islands: 14 km / 9 miles, 15 minutes of navigation.
- Continue the trip from the Uros towards the island of Taquile: 22 km / 13, 6 miles, 1 hour, and 15 minutes of navigation.
- The return trip between the island of Taquile to the port of Puno: 36 km / 22 miles, 01 hour and 10 minutes of navigation
- Elevations in the excursion of Taquile island in Lake Titicaca
- Puno 3,827 meters / 12,555 feet.
- Uros Island 3,810 meters / 12,500 feet.
- Taquile Island 4,100 meters / 13,451 feet.
Taquile island Puno Peru, Highlights
Why you will love this voyage
- A vacation trip to Peru is never complete without visiting the stunning Taquile Island in Puno.
- The islanders offer experiential tourism to visitors looking for a better traditional experience.
- The island of Taquile on Lake Titicaca is one of UNESCO’s Oral, Immaterial, and Intangible Masterpieces of Humanity.
- LATAM – South America Peru – Puno Tourist Destination 2023. Enjoy this lovely vacation.
Detailed Itinerary on Taquile Island Tour, Peru
Lake Titicaca One Day Tour – At 8 in the morning, our workers (tour guide and vehicle driver) go to the hotel for visitors to pick them up and carry out the transfer service to the port of Puno. In the port of Puno, our private boat awaits us to start the journey to the islands of Uros and Taquile.
On the 1-day Taquile excursion, explore the Taquile Islands by sailing on the waters of Lake Titicaca; we travel in a speedboat to quickly reach each destination to visit to have more time in the guided excursions.
Additional information concerning the Puno to Taquile Tour
- The tours are in the English language.
- The city of Puno has a principal port near the main square.
- Speedboat tours help save time by exploring each place calmly.
- Our tour guide (s) and the boat drivers have experience navigating the highest navigable lake in Puno – Latin America.
- On the way to Taquile, we will stop on the floating islands to walk around its islands.
- Feel free to climb the boat’s roof to have the best views.
- Things to do in the expedition:
- Take several photos.
- Drinking coca tea helps prevent altitude sickness.
- It’s great to walk on the Uros islands step by step.
- Enjoy your free time in the Taquile Plaza.
- Taquile has the best price for textiles manufactured by Andean men.
- On Taquile, there are no hotel services and only Homestay accommodations.
Lake Titicaca One Day Tour Cost by speedboat!
Our 1-day excursion service to Taquile Island and the surroundings of Lake Titicaca is in private service for your group of explorers! We do not add other groups to your vacation group.
PRICES PER PERSON [USD] 2023
- Solo travel is $630. “prices reduce if more people are in your group.”
- 02 participants $343.
- 03 participants $235.
- 04 participants $183.
- 05 participants $162.
- 06 participants $140.
- 07 participants $124.
- 08 participants to + $113.
If the client requires a semi-private trip with a shared boat, we have affordable prices; write to the email
Additionally, data about Uros and Taquile Islands Tour.
- The city of Puno is the capital of the state of Puno and Lake Titicaca.
- In Peru, tourist services, people speak the English language.
- The textiles manufactured by the islanders are of excellent manufacture at reasonable prices.
- The nearest airport to Puno is Juliaca, a 01-hour drive.
- From Puno, you can explore the incredible Colca Canyon, Arequipa, La Paz, Bolivia, and other places of interest.
- The flight time to Lima Juliaca takes 1 hour and 33 minutes.
- Peru is a popular holiday destination. “Yes.”
HOW TO GET THIS PUNO TO TAQUILE ISLAND TOUR
Taquile Island Lake Titicaca – Outstanding guided tour of a sector of Lake Titicaca exploring the enchanting islands of Uros and Taquile in southwestern Peru.