Machu Picchu Visitor Restrictions 2022
INSIDE MACHU PICCHU, ARE PROHIBITED
- To carry backpacks or bags of more than 40x35x20 cm. Those that exceed this size/capacity must do deposited in the wardrobe.
- Enter with food and utensils.
- Enter with
- Any illegal substance or its effects
- Alcoholic beverage or in an ethyl state
- Animals, except for guide dogs when strictly necessary.
- Musical instrument, megaphone, or speakers
- To carry umbrellas. (Caps, hats, and raincoats are allowed). Unless authorized by the DDC Cusco, tripods support, or extensions for cameras, cell phones, or any other stabilization element or extension for filming or photography
- Use virtual applications with cell phones or mobile devices in narrow arteries, trails, and congestion sites (these technologies are allowed only in large spaces and areas of explanation).
- Enter high heel shoes or hard-soled shoes (only shoes or sneakers with soft or rubber soles).
- Access with baby cars (only accessible with baby carriers that do not have metal frames).
- Enter with sharps or weapons of any kind.
- Enter flags, or posters, among other objects of this type (the use of flags will be exclusive to tour guides with groups greater than five visitors and will be limited to the model and dimensions presented by the competent
- authority in coordination with the respective guilds).
- Enter with clothing intended for advertising purposes. For climbing or leaning on walls or structures
- For Touching, moving, or extracting lithic elements. Perform any graffiti
- Disturbing, collecting, or removing native flora, fauna, or cultural features.
- To carry out activities that distort the sacred character of Machu Picchu, Such as fashion shows, dances, and social engagements, ceremonies of any kind, portable seating, among others.
- Enter with walking poles with metallic or hard tips (it is allowed to use walking poles for older people or with apparent physical incapacity, as long as they have rubber tips).
- Perform any activity that implies deterioration of Machu Picchu, its natural environment, or facilities.
- Obscene acts are contrary to morality and good manners.
- Undress, disguise, lie down, run or jump.
- Make loud or annoying noises such as clapping, shouting, whistling, and singing, among others, because they disturb the tranquility and sacredness of Machu Picchu.
- Perform any fire.
- Dispose of waste of any kind.
- Failure to respect established circuits and routes
- Outpatient commerce in Machu Picchu and surrounding area until Ruinas Bridge
- Feed the domestic and wild animals of Machu Picchu.
- Fly over with paragliding, drones, or any small craft.
- For Photographing for advertising purposes or in places of high risk
- Illegal entry to Machu Picchu by route is not permitted.
prohibitions during the visit to Machu Picchu in 2018
Breach of provisions
Under objective criteria and considering the seriousness of the infraction, the DDC Cusco will initiate the corresponding legal actions.
If tour guides violate these regulations’ provisions, it will do determined by DIRCETUR / CUSCO to evaluate the beginning of a sanctioning procedure according to the infraction committed. The conditions of Law will govern it No. 28868, which empowers the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Tourism to criminalize regulatory offenses in the provision of tourist services and qualification of lodging establishments and establishes the sanctions and, to its Regulation approved by Supreme Decree No. 007-2007-MINCETUR.