Alternative trek from Ancascocha to Machu Picchu 05 days 04 nights Overview
Is this trip right for me? AT A GLANCE
Day-01: Cusco – Socma – Waterfall of Perolniyoc – Rayan
Day-02: Rayan – Kuychicassa – Ancascocha Lagoon
Day-03: Ancascocha Trek Lagoon – Huayanay pass – Paucarcancha
Day-04: Paucarcancha to km 82, Ollantaytambo – PM Train ride to Machu Pichu Pueblo
Featured Ancascocha Trail 05 Days 04 Nights
Why you will love this experience
- Ancascocha trail has a great view of Veronica and the Huayanay snow-capped mountains.
- It is an alternative hike through Socma and Ancascocha cataloged by National Geographic 25 “World’s Best Hikes.”
- Our team prepares the camps to enjoy a beautiful vacation to have the best experience in Peru.
- Enjoy soaring mountains charming Andes farming villages.
A complete Itinerary of Ancascocha Trek to Machupicchu 5 Days 4 Nights
🙂 Outdoor adventure tour from Ancascocha to Machu Picchu 05 days 04 nights
Day 1: Travel from Cusco to Socma, and the beginning of the Hike from Socma to Rayan
We drive North East to Izucchaca. Huarocondo to the trailhead at Socma 3,205 m / 10,512 ft., located in the Pomatales Canyon. We’ll begin our best Ancascocha hiking trail ascending toward the Perolniyoc waterfall.
After observing and taking many photos at the Perolniyoc Inca Falls, we continued with our hiking adventure until we reached the Perolniyoc Inca Ruins located at the top of the falls. We camped in the surroundings of RAYAN on our first night of camping; The travel team accompanied us on this alternative trek to Ancascocha through the Andes.
Brief description of the beginning of Ancascocha Trek Peru
- At 06:00, we start the trip from the city of Cusco to Socma (01 hours and 20 minutes of travel)
- Private transfer to the trailhead “Soqma 3,205 m / 10,512 ft.”
- Lunch at Perolniyoc Inca site
- Walking distance: 08 km / 05 miles
- Estimated duration: 04 hours trek
- Highest point: Rayan 3,700 meters/12,136 ft.
- Campsite elevation: 3,700 meters/12,136 ft.
- Difficulty: Moderate.
- Meals: Lunch + Afternoon Tea + Dinner.
Day 2: At dawn, we start the walk from Rayan to the Laguna de Ancascocha.
After packing all our adventure equipment, we trekked along the ancient Inca trail. The fauna of the place is Andean High Mountain, with its miniature shrubs and extensive grasslands. You will get a stunning panoramic view of the sacred valley of the Incas and glacier mountains from this place.
Summary of the essential activity towards the first step of Kuychicassa
- Start time of the walk 06:00
- First Pass: Puccaqasa Mountain Pass 4,370 meter/ 14,333 feet.
- Second Pass: Kuychicassa Pass 4,457 meter/ 14,619 feet.
- Lunch at Chancachuco
- Walking Distance: 18 km/ 11.2 miles
- Estimated duration: 09 – 10 hours
- Highest point: Kuychicassa 4,457 meters / 14,619 feet.
- Campsite elevation: 4,090 meter/13,100 feet.
- Difficulty: Challenging
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, + Afternoon Tea and Dinner
Day 03 to conquer the Huayanay pass and then descend to the Inca ruins of Paucarcancha
With the adventurous spirit that fills us with energy to discover new scenic landscapes, we begin the trek to the highest pass of the entire expedition. Ascending towards the Huayanay 4650 meters high / 15,300 feet. (01 hours hike), a steep zigzag trail uphill, we find an original cobblestone paved Inca trail. On the way, the beautiful waterfall feeds into the Ancascocha lake.
Once we conquer the top, we will appreciate the valleys of Socma and Paucarcancha. We start our long way down, passing through the ruins of Inca Racay, the rural area of Qesqa, until we reach the fertile valley of Paucarcancha.
Ancascocha Peru Real Andes Remote Experience Brief Description
- The start time of the walk is at 05:30 “it is important to start the hiking activities early to reach the goal of Paucarcancha” it is recommended to use a pair of canes to ascend to the top of Huayanay and start descending by an average of 05 hours. The Ancascocha Peru trek terrain is rocky, slippery, and has mud spots.”
- Huayanay Pass 4650 meter/ 15,255 feet “Incredible view of the Andes.”
- Lunch at Incaraqay or Qesqa 3,650 meter/11,910 feet.
- Trekking distance: 15 km/ 09 miles.
- Estimated duration: 09 hours
- Campsite elevation: Paucarcancha 3,161 meter/10,370 feet.
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon tea, and Dinner
PAUCARCANCHA INCA SITE
In Inca times, the Inca ruins of Paucarcancha were a checkpoint for walkers of the Socma Valley – Huayanay, Sacred Valley, Salkantay, and the Inca Trail. Paucarcancha is also a planting site for organic agricultural products on the Inca terraces and hillsides. The climate is conducive to such rural activity, and for walkers, it offers a temperate climate to spend the night in the vicinity of the Paucarcancha ruins. From the Inca ruins of Paucarcancha, we are inside the buffer zone of the Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu.
Day 4: Easy walk through the Classic Inca Trail sector until km 82 of the railway line. In the afternoon train trip to Aguascalientes
This day in our Ancascocha hiking is like walking between the Inca trails and the archaeological remains. We continue downriver at Km. 82, From Km. 82, we transport to the Ollantaytambo train station to board our train.
At km 82 of the railway “exit of the Inca Trail of Ancascocha,” it is the farewell of our team of muleteers and cooks.
Summary of the last hike with our adventure team
- Lunch at the “beginning of the Inka Trail.”
- Hiking Distance: 13 km/ 8.2 miles
- Trail Duration: 05 hours.
- Overnight: Aguas Calientes hotel.
- Trail Conditions: lovely Andes Path.
- Difficulty: Easy-Moderate.
- Accommodation (hotel) 2,000 meters “Machupicchu Pueblo.”
- Meals: Breakfast and Lunch
Train service information: [Outbound Journey]
- Train company: PERU RAIL
- Service: OLLANTA – MAPI (01 hours and 40 minutes of trains ride)
- Class: EXPEDITION 603
- Departure: 15:37
- At Station: 15:07 – Otherwise, you may not be allowed to board.
- Aguas Calientes Arrival: 17:02
Day 5: In the morning, we have the guided tour in Machu Picchu, and in the afternoon, we return to Cusco by train via Poroy.
We have the best plan for you and your party. Our Ancascocha trekking guide arrives at your hotel to pick you up and walk to the bus station to board one of them and transport us to the Inca citadel “25 minutes of travel on a zigzag path”. Upon arrival, we present our entrance tickets along with the original passport. We have the guided tour of Machu Picchu, and we will start at the top of the Inca citadel to have the best view of the postal and then start walking around Machu Picchu, exploring and understanding each great site. After visiting Machu Picchu, we return to Aguas Calientes to go to the train station and board the rail service to transport us to the Poroy train station. From Poroy, we will travel by private vehicle to your hotel in the city of Cusco.
Activities in Machu Picchu after the Ancascocha trek of 05 days 04 nights
- Early breakfast at your hotel
- Bus, or hiking up (by bus 25 minutes, by foot 1.5 hours)
- GMachu Picchu Gguided tour 02 hours
- Bus return to Aguas Calientes village.
- PM a delicious lunch [not included] in the town of Aguas Calientes after the Ancascocha tour.
- Afternoon train service to Poroy.
Train service information: [Inbound Journey]
- Train company: PERU RAIL
- Service: MAPI – POROY (03 hours and 50 minutes of trains ride).
- Class: EXPEDITION 34
- Departure: 15:20
- At Station: 14:50 – Otherwise, you may not be allowed to board.
- Poroy arrival: 19:05
- Cusco arrival by transport: 19:35
When you get to the POROY train station, Be met at the train arrivals area. Just look for a KONDOR PATH TOURS sign with your name.” Group name: Chewbacca & Citripio🙂
CUSCO HOTEL: By customers.
Ancascocha Trek to Machupicchu 5 Days 4 Nights Includes
- Private transport and professional driver (to the starting point of Ancascocha Trek Peru)
- Pre-Departure Briefing at your Cusco hotel 01 or 02 days before your trek.
- Bilingual English speaking tour guide (local one from Cusco)
- Horses or mules and indigenous horse riders to carry camping equipment: client tents, dining and cooking tents, table, stools, cooking gear, stove, gas container, cutlery, plates, food, and fresh vegetable
- Personal items to carry 07 kg/15.4 lb. “hikers.”
- 03 nights camping equipment. Spacious tents/Sleeping mat.
- Four-person tent for every two people
- Duffle bag for your gear
- 01 cook from the Andes
- Excellent meals (04 Breakfasts, 04 Lunches, 03 Dinners)
- Food includes pancakes, omelets, soups, fresh fruit, avocado, pasta, chicken, fish, meat, and rice, which are rich in carbohydrates and suitable for trekking. (Vegetarian, vegan or special diet meals upon request)
- Tea time before dinner (tea, coffee, cocoa, biscuits, popcorn)
- Boiled water provided from 2nd day (for drinking)
- Wake up to coca tea in your tent
- Buckets of hot water for washing in your tent every day
- Oxygen Tank & First aid kit
- Train service by PERURAIL
- Outbound Journey: OLLANTA to MAPI (Aguas Calientes village); Class: EXPEDITION 603 at 15:37
- Inbound Journey: MAPI to POROY; Class: EXPEDITION 34 at 15:20
- 01 night in a Hotel 02 star in Aguas Calientes. Sierra Andina Group (El Presidente) does base on sharing a room, either double or matrimonial. Brand rooms all include private bathrooms with hot showers and Wi-Fi.
- Machu Picchu entrance fee [At 08:00].
- 01 bus transfer to Machu Picchu (uphill)
- 02 hours guided tour for exploring Machu Picchu with your guide “No free time in Machu Picchu after the guided tour – new regulation applied on 2022.”
- Private transfer “Kondor Path vehicle” from POROY to Cusco [We drop you off at your hotel
- All local taxes
Ancascocha walk tour 05 days 04 nights Not Include
- Cusco Hotel or Airbnb.
- Hiking snack.
- Sleeping bag.
- Breakfast on Day 01; Dinner on Day 04, Lunch on Day 05
- Tips: Guide, Cook, Porters.
The 05 days 04 nights Ancascocha Trail Peru WHAT TO BRING
A good daypack: Eagle Creek Afar Backpack –appropriate packs to carry your personal belongings.
- Original passport.
- Lighter trekking boot.
- 01 Sleeping bag (If you do not bring your sleeping bag to Peru, you can rent it in the center of Cusco by the main square.)
- There are three pairs of trekking pants (not jeans): 02 hiking, one cotton, and enough.
- Rain jacket: The first night, the temperature can be 05 degrees Celsius/41 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Warm/winter jacket.
- Thermals: wool socks, gloves, scarf, and woolen hat for cold nights.
- 03 t-shirts.
- One is a suitable sleeping bag. It does its job!.
- Iron tablets and pills for altitude sickness.
- Sun protection cream (SPF 45 or higher recommended).
- Water (only for the first-day hike).
- Camera and film.
- A headlamp.
- Bandages or moleskin.
- Medication (Imodium).
- Extra money.
Cost for Ancascocha Trek 05 Days / 04 Nights
PRICES PER PERSON [USD] 2022. We carry out this trekking circuit along the Ancascocha Inca Trail only as a private service at affordable prices.
- 02 participants $835. “prices reduce if there are more people in your group.”
- 03 participants $673.
- 04 participants $603.
- 05 participants $556.
- 06 participants $531.
- 07 participants $506.
- 08 participants + $479
* Price based on 02 people sharing one tent.
Ancascocha Trek, Item Upgrade
🙂 There are several optional upgrades for your outdoor walking vacation. Here’s a quick list of prices and options:
- Vistadome train (one way: OLLANTA – MAPI) Outbound Journey: $30 per person
- Vistadome train (round trip): $66 per person
- Hiram Bhimgam train (return train MAPI – POROY) Inbound Journey $482 per person
- Personal tent +$35 – (for a solo traveler for 02 nights)
ADDITIONAL TICKETS OF MACHU PICCHU
- Huayna Picchu: +$75 per person
- Montaña: +$75 per person
- Single Room: +$30 (2-star hotel)
- Casa Andina Standard Machu Picchu 3-star hotel: +$40 shared PER person (+$110 for a single)
- El MaPi Hotel byInkaterra 3-star hotel: +$70 shared PER person (+$170 for a single)
- Book on your own: -$30 pp
Ancascocha Trek Discounts 🙂
Applies for the following services
To Machu Picchu
- College students pay $20 per person
- Children from 03 to 17 years old $20 per person
For train service in PERU RAIL
- Children from 03 to 11 years old $55 per person.
ANCASCOCHA TREK RECOMMENDATION
- Due to the new regulation, the entrance to the citadel of Machu Picchu, keep in mind that from January 01, 2022, the tickets have a specific entry time: From 6:00, 7:00, 8:00, 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00, and 14:00.
- Tickets can only be used once a day from the chosen time.
HOW TO BOOK our great Ancascocha hiking trail 05 days 04 nights?
2nd. STEP | First down payment.