Horseback riding rainbow mountain – Overview
Is this trip right for me? AT A GLANCE:
- Pick-Up Locations: Any Cusco Hotel.
- DOOR TO DOOR PICK-UP AND RETURN: We will pick you up and drop you off directly at your hotel reception.
- Start time of the land trip to the mountain of colors from Cusco (high season): New schedule is at 05:00 am (to organize the horses with saddles). All 20 Rainbow Mountain communities manage the horses; They have a rotating work system. IF CLIENTS need to leave at 05:30 or 06:00 am, we will gladly leave Cusco at that time, BUT we will have to wait for the horses to return “we would wait for the horses between 10 to 35 minutes”.
- Travel time from Cusco to Cusipata Llactoc is 03 hours.
- The starting point of our Rainbow mountain horse tour: Llactoc 4,900 m/16,076 feet
- Tour duration: This adventure takes 03-hours.
- Distance: 7 km/ 4.3 miles – Horseback riding – The same return mileage.
- The distance on foot on the way up/down is “19 minutes of walking”.
- Visiting Rainbow mountains summit: 5,100 m / 16,732 feet.
- Difficulty: Easy-Moderate!
- Enjoy spectacular views of Peru-colored mountains pass and Ausangate snow summit.
- Time of return to Cuzco: from 13:30 to 15:30
Note: It is a horse for each client plus a local muleteer.
Rainbow mountain horseback highlights
Why you will love this experience.
- Rainbow mountain horseback tour.
- Experience a remote and beautiful area of colored mountains in Peru quickly.
- Enjoy the beautiful natural landscapes of the Andes and the great mountains of Ausangate.
- On the road from Cusipata “means a happy place” to Llactoq, enjoy alpacas’ views.
- Drive through the countryside of Peru, far from the beaten path.
- We recommend visiting Kondor Path Tours Instagram to see more photos 2022
Horseback riding rainbow mountain Cusco
This one-day hike will take you on a grand adventure exploring the ANDES.
A great adventure combination to reach the top of “Vinicunca pass.” from Cusipata Llactoq; first, you start going uphill for an hour. You will enjoy amazing views of the Peru Andes, glacial peaks, colorful mountains, rocky hills, and full llamas & alpacas grazing along the Andes trail.
As the glorious scenery faded away, after an incredible day, we returned to our hotel in Cusco at 16:00. Looking back on the hiking we have completed, the cold beer in our hands must have been hard-won.
Recommendations of the operating agency
- The adventure vehicles have periodic technical reviews and have tourist operation licenses to have a pleasant trip.
- Kondor support group: Local muleteers
- Help travelers in horse riding
- Help visitors pull the horse
- The muleteers walk beside the horse
- Our guides have work experience as “same tour guides on the Inca Trail.”
- How to recognize llamas and alpacas?
- Alpacas are small that the llamas
- The altitude to climb from the starting point to the top is 420 meters / 1377 feet.
- Our adventure guides carry an oxygen tank and a first-aid kit; They know how to first aid in an emergency.
- On the journey south of Cusco, several picturesque places like Tipón, Urcos, and Cusipata.
- The height of the Andes is better if we continue the expedition to the red valley. After passing the rainbow, the path we recommend for walkers with experience in hiking.
- For groups and visitors, It is advisable to bring thermal clothing to stay warm.
- The locals-only use Peruvian national currency, “Soles,” to buy souvenirs.”
Rainbow Mountain horseback Includes
- English speaking guide “The entire Vinicunca adventure.”
- Rainbow mountains Peru entrance fee.
- Private tourist transport with fuel + professional driver.
- One horse.
- A local muleteer per horse.
- Meals: Box lunch.
- Oxygen tank.
- First aid kit.
Note: The vehicles to use “see the photo in prices.”
The Rainbow mountain by horse Does Not include
- Hotel or Airbnb.
- Breakfast at your hotel.
- Taking two small bottles of 700 milliliters to the expedition is advisable.
- Items of a personal nature.
What to bring; for our rainbow mountain by horse.
- A good day pack: Eagle Creek Afar Backpack or an appropriate pack to carry your personal belongings!
- Lighter trekking boots with good ankle support!
- One pair of hiking pants – not jeans!
- Be sure to carry one rain jacket.
- One warm/winter jacket/gloves, scarf, cap cold, thermal clothing entire body – IMPORTANT “Changing weather all the time.”
- Bring some meds!
- Iron tablets and pills for altitude sickness.
- Sun protection cream (SPF 45 or higher recommended).
- Re-usable container to your water.
- Bandages or moleskin
- Extra money.
PRICES PER PERSON [USD] 2022 | We run this trip only as a private service.
PRIVATE SERVICE / Private Guided Tours 🙂
- Solo travel $321. “prices reduce if more people are in your group.”
- 02 participants $209.
- 03 participants $174.
- 04 participants $151.
- 05 participants $143.
- 06 participants $133.
- 07 participants $125.
- 08 participants + $118.
* Kondor Path Tours operates horseback riding on the rainbow mountain.
How to Book the Rainbow mountain horse tour?
2nd. STEP | First down payment.