Is this trip right for me? Take a look
- PICK UP AND RETURN DOOR TO DOOR: Hotel in Cusco or other nearby areas of the city.
- Departure time from Cusco: at 5:30
- Travel distance by vehicle: Cusco – Sicuani – Layo “194 kilometers”, 03 hours, and 55 minutes of travel.
- Tour starts naming and elevation: Punta Carretera 4,334 meters/14,219 ft.
- Duration of the walk to the top of the mountain of vivid colors Pallay Punchu: 02 hours.
- Walking distance: 5.3 km / 3.29 miles – the exact mileage to return.
- Maximum altitude of the rainbow mountain Pallay Punchu del Apu Tacllo: 4790m/15,715ft.
- Difficulty: Ascent route Challenging! – Easy return!
- Return to Cusco: Between 19:00 or 20:30
Why you will love this experience
- Discover this new and enigmatic tourist circuit put in value in the year 2020.
- Experience an unusual and remote area of the Cusco region, Peru – South America.
- Enjoy the beautiful natural landscapes of the Andes.
- Try a delicious trout prepared in the vicinity of the Laguna de Langui-Layo in Canas.
We start the trip in our Kondor vehicle at 5:30, heading south from the city of Cusco.
The walk takes about two hours to reach the natural viewpoints that the area presents; the first hour of walking has a slope; already in the second hour, the hiking trail is steep to the top of the tourist attraction. The panoramic views offered by the main attraction are unique; there are a variety of colors; highlighting the color red at different angles along with the Pallay Poncho mountain range. Nature 64 million years ago decided to form this landscape of rainbow mountains.
- The colored attraction has three denominations:
- Apu Condor Sayana “Sacred mountain and throne of the Condor.”
- Apu T’acllo, “the ravine that leads to the inter-Andean valley of Acobamba.”
- Pallay Punchu “Woven Poncho” shows the figure of a mountain in the form of an Inca poncho.
- Location: In the Condor Sayana sector, between the limits of the Marangani (Canchis) and Layo (Canas) districts of Cusco, Peru.
- Meaning of Pallay Puncho: A KNIT PONCHO FULL OF COLORFUL DESIGNS.
- Weather: There are two weather stations:
- Dry: May to October.
- Rainy: November to April.
- Best time to visit: Between May and October, “the area is freezing, wear thermal clothing, the solar radiation is strong.”
- Layo District; Foundation and Creation: Law of January 2, 1857, in the government of Ramón Castilla
- Informative note: This tourist circuit can continue to the city of Puno, Lake Titicaca!
- Official tourist guide.
- Private tourist transport with fuel + professional driver.
- Entrance ticket to the tourist attraction.
- Box lunch.
- Oxygen tank.
- First aid kit.
- EPP equipment.
- All local taxes
Note: The vehicles to use “see the photo in prices.”
Apu Tacllo Hike Does not include:
- Hotel or Airbnb.
- Breakfast “recommended to take it at your hotel.”
- Water “recommended 01 liters per person”.
- Tips are a personal gesture at your discretion.
What to bring?
- A good backpack suitable for carrying your personal belongings.
- Mountain boots; the lightest with good ankle support!
- Hiking pants.
- 01 raincoat.
- A winter jacket; “IMPORTANT.”
- Sun protection cream (SPF 45 or higher recommended).
- Reusable water container “let’s keep our planet green.”
- Extra money.
Pallay Poncho rainbow mountain trek full day
PRICES PER PERSON [USD] 2021 – 2022 | We run this trip only as a private service.
- Solo travel $286. “prices reduce if there are more people in your group”
- 02 clients $177.
- 03 people $132.
- 04 tourists $110.
- 05 visitors $102.
- 06 travelers $92.
- 07 explorers + $85.
HOW TO BOOK
Pallay Punchu, Full Day Trek