Overview of the 04 days of Lares trek in Peru
Are these 04 days of Lares trail Peru right for me? AT A GLANCE
The 4-day Lares Mountain trek from Quishuarani to the Huaran – Calca Valley provides a spectacular view over the Andean communities that inhabit this rugged and challenging land. The Lares Valley is the shortest and easiest route via Quishuarani from the Condor or Abra Pachacuteq pass. This expedition includes camps, a hotel, an adventure hike, and a guided exploration of the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu.
- Day 01: Cusco – Kiswarani – Coyalay
- Day 02: Coyalay – Condor Pass – Cancha Cancha
- Day 03: Cancha Cancha – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
- Day 04: Machupicchu – Cusco
Between the Lares trek 04 Days vs. the Inca Trail: Choose the Lares Valley trek to Machu Picchu!
Highlights: Why you will love this experience
- Look at the weaver’s Way’, the best Alternative trail to Machu Picchu.
- It recommended the trip to contact the Andes and its jungle, led by our experienced guides.
- Lares Trek is a four-day adventure tour through the Peruvian Andes Mountains. Itineraries include visits to ancient Inca ruins, hiking trails, and cultural activities.
- Their 4-day Lares Trek experience takes place in the beautiful Lares Mountains. You’ll be able to explore some of the most stunning scenery on earth!
Detailed Itinerary of Machu Picchu Lares Trek 04 days
Day 01: Travel by vehicle from Cusco to Lares – Initial hike from Kiswarani to Coyalay
A leisurely day hike. Your hike begins in a fertile valley and follows a small river through the Andes mountain corridor. After walking for over 02 hours, you will start to see the thatched-roof stone houses of the Kiswarani community. After lunch: We follow a cascading waterfall to the community of Coyalay.
Summary – TREK: A leisurely day hike. The route takes hikers through two attractive weaving communities.
- 05:30 am, we will pick you up from your hotel
- On the way to Lares, explore “Ancasmarca Inca Citadel.”
- Private transfer at the beginning of hiking “in Quishuarani.”
- Trek distance: 10 km/ 6.21371 miles
- Camp Elevation: 3,850 meters / 1,2631 ft.
- Weather: Cold
- Estimated duration: 03 hours and a half trek
- Trail Conditions: rocky, dusty, and slippery.
- Meals: Lunch, Afternoon Tea, and Dinner.
Day 02: Hike to the Pachacutec pass and descent to Cancha Cancha
Challenge yourself on the most strenuous day of the Lares guided hiking tour! Enjoy incredible views from mountain passes, including the snow-capped peaks of Apu Pachacutec. After breakfast, continue the hike to reach two beautiful glacial Andes lakes, Suiro Cocha and Yurac Cocha. An original Inca stone path will lead you down the ridge into the opposite corridor.
Summary – A challenging day to Pachakuteq Pass, also known as the Condor Pass; there are occasions when condors ado seen flying over the Andes, searching for some alpacas.
- Hiking Distance: 14 km/08 miles
- Lares trek elevation: Pachacuteq Pass at 4,400 meters (14,435 feet) is the highest experience point.
- Elevation Gain: 830 meters / 2,723 ft
- Camp Elevation: 3,750 m/ 12,303 ft.
- Weather: Cold
- Estimated duration: 07 hours
- Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner.
Day 03: The last section of the hike downhill until reaching Huaran – Travel by train to Aguas Calientes in the afternoon.
Early morning the hiking starts (06:00), allowing us the best views of our incredible Andes mountainous surroundings. Trekking downhill for 03 hours, we reach the Huaran village at 2,700 m / 8,858 ft.
Brief description of the last day of trekking through the Andes: Huaran offers a rewarding view of the valleys.
- Walking Distance: 09 km /6.2 miles
- Weather: Cold in the morning, warm in the afternoon.
- Estimated duration: 03 and a half hours
- Meals: Wake Coca Tea, Breakfast, and Lunch.
- In Huaran, we board the transport to the Ollanta train station. Continue the trip to M.P. Pueblo.
- PM boarded a train service to Machupicchu Pueblo.
- Accommodations: Aguas Calientes Overnight: 02-star hotel – Elevation: 2,000 m / 6,562 ft
Train service information: [Outbound Journey]
- Train company: PERU RAIL
- Service: OLLANTAYTAMBO – MAPI (01 hour and 40 minutes of trains ride)
- Class: EXPEDITION 603
- Departure: 15:37
- At Station: 15:07 – Otherwise, you may not be allowed to board.
- Aguas Calientes Arrival: 17:02
HOTEL 03 stars “Organized by Kondor Path Tours.”
Day 04: Guided visit inside the archaeological park of Machu Picchu for two hours – In the afternoon, return to Cusco
After breakfast, we will go to the bus station to board one of the bus services. The ride is 30 minutes climbing on a switchback system to Machu Picchu’s main gate. The views from the bus allowed us to appreciate the famous cloud forest. Explore Machu Picchu! We’ll visit notable highlights, and the guided tour takes 02 hours to explore this ancient Inca city.
Return by bus to Machupicchu Pueblo at the indicated time to board your train and car service to Ollantaytambo and Cusco.
Train service information: [Inbound Journey]
- Train company: PERU RAIL
- Service: MACHU PICCHU – POROY (03 hours and 50 minutes of train ride).
- Class: EXPEDITION 34
- Departure: 15:20
- At Station: 14:50 – Otherwise, you may not be allowed to board.
- Poroy arrival: 19:05
- Cusco arrival by transport: 19:35
When you get to the POROY train station, Meet at the train arrivals area. Just look for a KONDOR PATH TOURS sign with your name.” Group name: Chewbacca & Citripio 🙂
CUSCO HOTEL: By customers.
Recommendation to our clients
- How can I help Lares valley trek to preserve nature?
- The travel agency uses green, red, white, and black organic bags to recycle.
- The town of Lares is the center of all the hunts around the Andes of the Sacred Valley.
- The thermal baths in this valley are a 25-minute walk from the village.
- Make sure you bring a professional sleeping bag; this helps you sleep comfortably in each camp.
- Huayna Picchu, it is necessary to buy a new ticket “book in advance.”
- The 1st. group of visitors enters from 7:00 to 8:00
- The 2nd. group of trekkers enters from 10:00 to 11:00
General information about these best mountain treks:
- The best time to visit is April through November.
- Difficulty: Any reasonably fit person should be able to cover the route.
- Coldest Night: Day 01, 02 around 0º Celsius/32° Fahrenheit
- Temperatures: From minus 4ºC to 28ºC / 39° Fahrenheit to 82° Fahrenheit
Lares Trek 04 Days Includes
- Trek briefing with your guide 01 or 02 days before starting the walk in the reception area of your hotel.
- Excellent English-speaking tour guide.
- Private transport and professional driver (to the starting point of the trek – Lares).
- Mules and Indigenous horse riders to carry the camping equipment: client tents, dining and cooking tents, tables, stools, cooking gear, stove, gas containers, cutlery, plates, food, and fresh vegetables
- Personal items to carry 07 kg/15.4 lb. (so you must bring your day backpack with everything you need during the day).
- 02-night camping – Spacious tents and sleeping mat
- A duffle bag for personal items
- One cook
- Excellent meals (03 Breakfasts, 03 Lunches, 02 Dinners)
- Food includes pancakes, omelets, soups, fresh fruit, avocado, pasta, chicken, fish, meat, and rice, all rich in carbohydrates and suitable for trekking (Vegetarian, vegan or special diet meals upon request).
- Tea time before dinner (tea, coffee, cocoa, biscuits, popcorn)
- Boiled water provided from the 2nd day (for drinking)
- Wake up to coca tea in your tent.
- Buckets of hot water for washing in your tent every day
- Oxygen Tank & First aid kit
- Train service by PERURAIL
- Outbound Journey: OLLANTAYTAMBO to MACHU PICCHU (Aguas Calientes village); Class: EXPEDITION 603 at 15:37
- Inbound Journey: MACHU PICCHU to POROY; Class: EXPEDITION 34 at 15:20
- 01 night in a Hotel 03 star in Aguas Calientes (HOTELS: Santuario Machupicchu, Waman Hotel Machu Picchu, or Hotel Retama Machu Picchu based on a DOUBLE or Matrimonial room). The rooms include private bathrooms with hot showers, Wi-Fi, buffet breakfast. Check-In: 11:00 Hrs | Check-Out: 10:00 Hrs.
- Machu Picchu entrance fee [At 08:00].
- 02 bus transfer to Machu Picchu (up and downhill)
- 02 hours guided tour for exploring Machu Picchu with your guide. “No free time in Machu Picchu after the guided tour – new regulation applied in 2023.”
- Private transfer “Kondor Path vehicle” from POROY to Cusco [We drop you off at your hotel
- All local taxes
🙂 Optional: For service upgrades, go to the pricing button and click on it.
04 Days Lares Trek Not included
- Cusco Hotel or Airbnb.
- Sleeping bag (If you do not bring your bag to Peru, you can rent it in the center of Cusco by the main square.)
- Breakfast on Day 1, Dinner on Day 3, Lunch on Day 4
- Energy snacks that can be very useful, such as chocolate and granola bars and dried fruits
- Other meals not written in the itinerary
- Tips: Guide, Cook, Porters
Lares Trek 4 Days Bring
- A good daypack: Eagle Creek Afar Backpack –appropriate pack to carry your personal belongings.
- Original passport (for Trains, Machu Picchu Park, and Hotels)
- Sleeping bag “If you did not bring your backpack from your country of origin, you could rent it for 04 days in the center of Cusco by the main square; there are several rental sites. It recommends 01 small, practical sleeping bag that supports -10°C below zero | -5°F. “
- Lighter trekking boots (with good ankle support)
- Two pairs of trekking pants (not jeans): 01 hiking, one cotton–which is just enough.
- Rain jacket: The first night, the temperature can be 05 degrees Celsius/41 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 01 warm/winter jacket
- Thermals: wool socks, gloves, scarf, and woolen hat for cold nights.
- 02 t-shirts, two long sleeve shirts
- Iron tablets and pills for altitude sickness.
- Sun protection cream (SPF 45 or higher recommended).
- Water (only for the first-day hike).
- Camera and film
- A headlamp to navigate camp in the evenings and pre-dawn mornings with spare batteries
- Bandages or moleskin
- Flip flops to change into at night–your toes will thank you!
- Medication (Imodium).
- Plastic bags for dirty and wet clothes
- Something to read in the evenings
- Extra money.
04 Days Lares Trek to Machu Picchu
Lares is one of the eight districts of the province of Calca in Cusco. It has an average altitude of 3,171 meters above sea level and does locate in southern Peru’s Andes Mountains.
Lares is famous for its thermal baths, thermo-medicinal, the Mantto waterfalls, and trekking trails.
Lares during the year have two seasons: the rainy and dry seasons.
- The rainy season covers October to March, when the maximum temperature reaches 20 ° C, and the minimum gets 5 ° C.
- The dry season: This time for Lares is from March to October, with a maximum temperature of 21° C and a minimum of 1° C.
- NOTE: Rains and cold are present throughout the year, especially in the highlands of Lares.
ATTRACTIONS YOU CAN FIND IN LARES VALLEY 04 days:
The route of Lares is untraditional and exciting because we can enjoy the beautiful scenery during the Journey without the presence of more visitors. The objective of this route, like others already know, is to reach Machu Picchu and gain a different travel experience.
In the Lares trek, we will observe beautiful lakes and local communities that communicate through their mother tongue, which you will learn at the end of the tour because we will do some experiential tourism. Also, you will learn a little more in detail about the practices based on ancestral knowledge.
Another thing that highlights the Lares Trek is that houses’ construction remains still made of stones, similar to those of Inca times.
Kondor Path Tours has also designed a package to get to Machu Picchu differently, knowing beautiful places with your new group of friends. Remember that our staff of guides will always be attentive to your needs, guiding you with passion and vocation.
Best season to do hiking from Lares Valley to Machu Picchu:
The best time to hike with good weather is between April – October, as we have the presence of clear skies and, on a smaller scale, river precipitation. The driest months are between June and August, winter in the Andes.
January – March is summer in Peru, which means the rainy season for Cusco and especially the Inca Trail, and it is not advisable to travel at this time of year.
Things to bring for the Lares Trek to Machu Picchu:
- Original passport: It is essential to carry your documents to verify data when entering the Machu Picchu Archaeological Complex and in other places that, by law, order, and discipline, this verification does make.
- Current University Student Card: If you are a student and want to qualify for a discounted price.
- Hiking/trekking boots: These shoes should already be molded to your foot to facilitate the hike.
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho: It does suggest foreseeing because the weather in Cusco is varied.
- A warm jacket: To protect yourself from the cold at night
- Hat and gloves: To protect yourself from the sun’s rays.
- T-shirts: Preferably quick-drying.
- Trekking pants: They should be the most comfortable ones.
- Sunscreen (SPF 35+)
- Insect repellent: We highly recommend a NATURAL insect repellent
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer.
- Personal medication
- Camera and video camera
- Flashlight with extra batteries (or an environmentally friendly option)
Lares: New Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Lares trek 04 days 03 nights located?
Lares does locate in the Andes Mountains in southern Peru. This district of Cusco belongs to the province of Calca.
How high is it?
Lares is located at 3,150 meters above sea level (m.a.s.l.).
What is the climate like in Lares?
The climate in Lares is temperate, with cold nights. The average temperature is 11ºC. During the day, the heat can reach 21ºC. At night, temperatures can reach 1ºC.
How to get to Lares?
Lares does separate from the city of Cusco by 149 kilometers of road. From this point, it does reach by a drive through Pisac and Calca in the Sacred Valley.
PRICES PER PERSON [USD] 2022 – 2023 Lares Trek 04 days to Machu Picchu.
$600 per person
Shared Group / A minimum of 03 people is required to open a new departure group. Walk with the KONDOR PATH TOURS!
02 participants $799.
03 participants $725.
04 participants $700.
05 participants $675.
06 participants $650.
07 participants $625.
08 or more participants + $600
Private tours are available and priced based on group size.
🙂 Item Upgrade
HOTEL “AGUAS CALIENTES”
The best hotels in Aguas Calientes, Peru; there are options to upgrade to a premium hotel! At Kondor Path Tours, we try to make it easier by searching and focusing on our experience and the experiences of our travelers from Lares trek 4 Days for the third night. We show you a range of hotels at your service.
-$30 Book on your own “It is possible to reserve this excursion without a hotel.”
Gringo Bill’s Machupicchu
+$25. DBL/MATRIMONIAL | +$43 Suite
Inti Punku Machupicchu
+$25. Standard | +$33. Superior | +$39. Junior Suite | +$63. Senior Suite
Casa Andina Standard Machu Picchu
+$29. Traditional | +$35. Superior | +$45. Suite
Taypikala Boutique Machupicchu
+$35. Standard SGL/DBL | +$80 Suite
Jaya Suite Machupicchu
El MaPi ByInkaterra
+$69. Superior Deluxe SGL or DBL | +$91. Suite SGL o DBL
Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel
+$244. Superior | +$271. Superior Deluxe |+$298. Junior Suite | +$389. Junior Suite Deluxe | +$488. Suite | +$555. Inkaterra Suite
By PeruRail / PER PERSON
+ $35 Vistadome train (one way: OLLANTAYTAMBO – MACHUPICCHU) Outbound Journey
+ $55.00 Vistadome train (round trip: OLLANTAYTAMBO – MACHUPICCHU – POROY)
+ $65.00 Vistadome train (back and forth: OLLANTAYTAMBO – MACHUPICCHU – OLLANTAYTAMBO) + Transfer to Cusco from Ollantaytambo
+ $445.00 Hiram Bingham train (Train MACHUPICCHU – POROY) Inbound Journey
+$75 Huayna Picchu
+$60 RE-ENTRY TO MACHU PICCHU
This applies to the following services
Machu Picchu Fee
College students$25 off
- Due to the new regulation, the entrance to the citadel of Machu Picchu, keep in mind that from January 01, 2023, the tickets have a specific entry time: From 6:00, 7:00, 8:00, 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00, and 14:00.
- Tickets can only be used once a day from the chosen time.
BOOK NOW! & PayPal
HOW TO BOOK OUR Lares Trek 4 Days?
4 Days Lares Trek to Machu Picchu via HURAN
2nd. STEP | First down payment.