Lares Downhill Biking
Lares Downhill Biking “There’s been so much fun, so much adventure, so much sightseeing, so much natural beauty. The support from the guides and the whole Sacred Rides crew has been phenomenal. We can’t stop smiling, and it’s an experience we’ll never forget” BRUCE SOLOMON, FLORIDA, USA
Lares Downhill Biking – RIDE ON LARES HILLS, SIDE BY SIDE WITH LLAMAS AND ALPACAS. THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A BETTER TIME TO VISIT THE Lares Mountain Biking downhill WITH THEIR MYSTERIOUS BACKGROUND OF THE ANDES BY BIKE.
- Early morning pickup at your hotel
- One stop at Taray lookout for a view of the Valley
- Second stop at Calca village to explore the local market of Calca
- Third stop at Ankas Marka Inca site: hidden Inca place
- Private transfer to the trailhead: “Lares Pass 4,500 m/14,764 ft.
- Location: 2 hour drive from Cusco (Northwest from Cusco)
- Technical level: advanced downhill trail
- We provide the proper bikes double suspension and equipment for this kind of adventure tour
- Full adventure ride on a bike from the pass to Calca on the Inca Trail
- Experienced Biker Guide from the Andes
- Total distance and time of bike ride: 2 hours, optional plus Lamay
- Meals: L (L is a box lunch)
- One Cusco beer at the of the ride
- Drop off at your hotel “Lares Downhill Biking”
- End of tour
Lares Downhill Biking Note: For the particularly ambitious, and time permitting!, we offer a second ride at either Lamay located also along the sacred valley of the Incas. This is for liberating stretches of adrenaline-filled declines; Most consider this to be a technically more challenging ride than Lares trail.
Lares Mountain Biking downhill
Day 1: Lares Downhill Biking
Lares Downhill Biking road is one of the most beautiful Inca Trail in the Cusco region!
We depart from Cusco City, early in the morning (8 am) and take a scenic two-hour drive towards Lares Pass, located north of the Sacred Valley. During our transport trip at 2,950 m/9,678 ft., we pass through Calca Village, which is the capital of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, where we stop to get some fresh Andean fruit. We then leave the main road and head over the Lares Pass (4,450 m/14,599 ft.) where we start the Lares Mountain Biking downhill with its spectacular scenery, along the ancient Inca paths (full fast downhill), but before we also visit “The Inca’s Taj Mahal” (pre-Inca).
We pass across a mini canyon, Andean creeks, and wooden handcrafted bridges. Lares MT. downhill on the way for sure we see llama, alpaca, and small Andean villages, where locals still wear their traditional red ponchos. At this point, with its great view of the Andes, we stop to have other great angle view. At Calca village we end the ride and return to Cusco city.
Lares Downhill Biking Included
- Lares Downhill Biking – optional Lamay.
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Services in English speaking tour.
- Comprehensive guided sightseeing (personalized service)
- All pick ups
- All transfers and sightseeing per itinerary in modern Inka motor coach
- All sites and attraction entrance tickets
- Mountain bikes with front suspension
- Safety equipment (full body arm helmets, gloves, safety vest)
- Inca snacks,
- Drinking water
- 1 Andean lunch (box lunch)
- One Cuzco beer per person at Calca
- First aid kit & oxygen
- All local taxes
Lares Downhill Biking Does Not Included
Lares Downhill Biking Bring
- Comfortable clothing for Lares Downhill Biking!
- Windbreaker (Needed on the high Andes whether sunny or not.)
- Warm sweater/jacket for early morning and in the evening for Inca sunset
- Rain poncho (Rainy season December to March).
- A good day-pack: Eagle Creek Afar Backpack –appropriate pack (to carry your personal belongings).
- Travel-size tissues and wet wipes–The air is cold and damp, so your nose is going to run a lot, so wet wipes are key.
- Iron tablets and pills for altitude sickness. Several people on the hike have varying degrees of altitude sickness and both of these remedies (in addition to the coca tea) are very helpful in alleviating the symptoms.
- Sun protection cream (SPF 45 or higher recommended).
- Bug spray with 30% DEET in it–which you need, but it does not work very well. The issue with Cusco outdoors is that most of the bugs are not mosquitoes. They are the small flies you cannot even see that leave weird bites that first look like you pricked your finger and then blow up into itchy red bumps. Unfortunately, these bugs seem to bite you no matter what spray you put on, so some anti-itch ointment can be helpful.
- Re-usable plastic or metal water container or a hydration pack such as Camelback
- Camera and film “Lares Downhill Biking”.
- Extra money for drinks, tips.
Lares Downhill Biking 1 Day
- 2 people: US$ 230 per person
- 3 people: US$ 200 per person
- 4 people: US$ 190 per person
- 5 people: US$ 180 per person
- 6 people: US$ 170 per person
- 7 people +: US$ 150 per person
Kondor Path Tours HOW TO BOOK
Lares Downhill Biking 1 Day WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED without a completed booking form and deposit sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Lares Mountain Bike on Inca Trail There is a $50 per person deposit needed. We accept payments through PayPal which will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler, we will email you your booking invoice and confirmation once your information and deposit are received.
The amount to deposit to reserve and secure your space is specified according to the number of customers “We accept payments through PayPal which will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler”
Click on the image for enlarge the Map
Lares Downhill Biking 1 Day
|Sites to visit:||Lares, Ancasmarca and Calca|
|Tour Style:||Adventure (Biking)|
|Recommended group size:||Minimum 2 People, Maximum 12 people|
|Highlight:||Valley cycling through the best of Cusco|
|Location:||Sacred Valley - Calca - Lamay|
|Physical Level:||1 Day|
|Total Travel Distance:||2 biking Lares from Summit|
|Departures:||Any day with two customers minimum, so you can leave when it suits you best|
|Recommended age for the tour:||You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a Kondor Path Tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 18|