Sacred Valley Tour Ancasmarca
Sacred Valley Tour Ancasmarca explores the temple of the moon “Amaru Marka” located close to the city of Cusco; the Inca site was known also as Quillarumiyoc, after visiting the enigmatic place we head towards the sacred valley by transport to reach Ancasmarca. Ancasmarca was an Inca citadel with deposits, houses, terraces, trails, with a great view of the Andes Mountains. Ancasmarca is located on the heights of the Calca village. In the way back to Cusco we have the last place to explore “Inca Pisac” .
Inca sites to explore:
Activity Level: Relaxed
Day 1. Sacred Valley Tour Ancasmarca
The tour starts at 7:30 am our first place to explore is the temple of the moon best known by locals as Quillarumiyoc or Amarumachay. This place is located on the outskirts of the city; the temple of the moon has carved iconographies on the rock of two pumas, two condors, and two snakes. there is also an underground passage where there are tables and ceremonial niches dedicated to the moon, near to Quillarumiyoc is located Cusilluchayoc another place that has carved symbols of the Inca culture with its original Inca path.
The trip is to arrive to Ancasmarca through the sacred valley of the Incas, passing by the colonial town of Pisac and Calca; when we reach the village of Calca, we take another road that takes us to Ancasmarca (1 hour and 30 minutes by car from Cusco). Ancasmarca translates as the city of the eagle; Ancasmarca is an Inca city built in a strategic place that dominates the valley and the Andes, in this place you will find several houses, trails, food depots, Inca roads, and many agricultural platforms. After walking and exploring Ancasmarca, we head towards Pisac via Calca.
Pisac in another Inca citadel built of stones, most houses are on two floors, there are watchtowers throughout the mountain, perhaps it is one of the most protected places of the sacred valley.
- Tour: Sacred Valley Tour Ancasmarca 1 Day
- Meeting point at your hotel at 7:30 AM
- Places to explore: The Moonstone (Amarumachay), Pisac viewpoint, Ancasmarca and Pisac.
- Meals: Lunch (box lunch).
- Trip duration: full day
- Activity Level: Relaxed.
- We drop off at your Hotel
- Sacred Valley Tour Ancasmarca 1 Day
- A Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- All Excursions and Tours in Private Service
- All transfers and transportation with private van
- A Professional Driver
- Lunch (box lunch).
- All Local Tax
- Cusco Tourist Ticket (Validity: 10 Days – Price (2017): S/. 130 (US$ 47).
- Partial Cusco Tourist Ticket (Validity: 1 Day – Price (2017): S/. 70 (US$ 25).
- Ancasmarca entrance S/. 10. (US$ 4).
- Tennis Shoes
- Rain poncho (Rainy Season December to March – even in the dry season).
- Wind breaker – T-shirts / Sun hat
- Sun protection cream (SPF 45 or higher recommended)
- Water to Cusco Half Day City Tour
- Camera / film.
- Cash in local currency to purchase items.
Sacred Valley Tour Ancasmarca 1 Day
*We do not add other people in our group.
- 2 ppl group US$ 135.00 p/person.
- 3 ppl group US$ 105.00 p/person.
- 4 ppl group US$ 86.00 p/person.
- 5 ppl group US$ 76.00 p/person.
- 6 ppl group US$ 72.00 p/person.
- 7 ppl group US$ 69.00 p/person.
- 8 ppl group US$ 63.00 p/person.
- 9 ppl group US$ 60.00 p/person.
- 10 ppl group US$ 56.00 p/person.
- 11 ppl group US$ 54.00 p/person.
- 12 ppl group US$ 52.00 p/person.
- 13 ppl group + US$ 49.00 p/person.
In this tour, we include a box lunch per customer included for the guide and driver of the vehicle!
Kondor Path Tours HOW TO BOOK
Sacred Valley Tour Ancasmarca 1 Day WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED without a completed booking form and deposit sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. We accept payments through PayPal, which will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler; we will email you your booking invoice and confirmation once your information and deposit are received.
The amount to deposit to reserve and secure your space is specified according to the number of customers “We accept payments through PayPal which will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler”
Click on the image for enlarge the Map
Sacred Valley Tour Ancasmarca
|Duration:||A full day tour|
|Sites to visit:||The Moonstone (Amaru Marka). Pisac viewpoint (Taray). Ancasmarca and Pisac Inca sites|
|Tour Style:||Archeological and Cultural|
|Recommended group size:||Minimum 2 People, Maximum 22 people|
|Highlight:||Private guide for a more personalized experience, enjoyable and historical places on earth, and Amazing mountain scenery|
|Location:||Sacred Valley of the Incas (Pisac and Calca area).|
|Physical Level:||A full day tour|
|Total Travel Distance:||Easy walking distance around the historical sites|
|Departures:||Any day with two customers minimum, so you can leave when it suits you best|
|Recommended age for the tour:||You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a Kondor Path Tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 5|