Salkantay tour Inca Trail trek 6 Days
Salkantay tour inca trail trek 6 days we combine two important treks: “The Salkantay Trek” and the “Classic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu“, in this expedition you can enjoy these two spectacular Real Outdoor Hiking tours, with enough time you will appreciate terrorific views of Andean Mountains and the most important Inca sites with total comfort; The Inca Trail to Salkantay Trek in only 6 days; is a sacred place for the Incas and this is made for for you , We welcome you to this Inca Trail tour Trek.
View more… Salkantay Useful Information recommended
Donkeys are used for the Salkantay trek section (3 days), then porters for the Inca Trail “4 days” Please, consider purchasing the Inca Trail permits at least 6-12 months in advance.
WE ARE TAKING BOOKINGS FOR TREK DEPARTURES! 2018 Inca Trail on SALE “EARLY” Easter! April, May, June And July likely to sell out in October 2017.
BOOK EARLY TO ENSURE AN INCA TRAIL PERMIT IS AVAILABLE. THESE ARE SOLD ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS AND ONCE THEY ARE GONE, THEY ARE GONE…
- Day 1: Cusco– Challa Cancha – Salkantay Pampa
- Day 2: Salkantay Pampa – Inca Chiriaska Pas – Inca Canal
- Day 3: Inca Canal – Paucarcancha – Ayapata
- Day 4: Ayapata – Warmiwañuska – Chaquicocha
- Day 5: Chaquicocha – Phuyupatamarca – Wiñaywayna
- Day 6: Wiñaywayna – Machu Picchu
Day 1: Cusco – Challa Cancha – Salkantay Pampa
We travel to the northwest of Cusco city, by a touristic transport to Mollepata village (Altitude 2,850 mt/9,348 ft), continuing to Challa Cancha along the Rio Blanco Valley following a dirt road; at Challa Cancha we will meet our horseman for packing all the mountain equipment and your personal belongs, then we start our hike, where you will catch views of the lovely Vilcabamba range (2 magnificent snow glaciers the Salkantay and the Humantay). Then we ascend gradually to Soraypampa (Altitude 3,800 m/ 12,464 ft) lunch place, and continue hiking up to the spectacular camp of Salkantay Pampa (Altitude 4,100 mt/13,451 ft) Our expedition has begun to the Salkantay Tour Inca Trail trek 6 Days .
- Early morning pick you up from your hotel at 5 am
- Private transfer to the trailhead “Challa Cancha”
- Lunch at Soraypampa Inca Site
- Accommodation: Salkantay Pampa Camp
- Hiking Distance: 12 km / 7.4 miles
- Estimated Hike Duration: 3 ½ hours walk
- Highest point: Suyroccocha 4,150 m /
- Campsite elevation Suyroccocha 4,150 m. (Just right at the bottom of Salkantay Glacier Peak)
- Weather: Cold
- Location: Cusco Andean mountains
- Trail Conditions is rocky, dusty, and slippery, the trekking shoes required for sure
- Difficulty: Moderate to Easy (only Andean Altitudes)
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner
Day 2: Salkantay Pampa – Inca Chiriaska Pas – Inca Canal
After the Coca tea for the wake up and breakfast we will climb the highest pass of the most exciting trek to reach the Inka Chiriaska pass 5,200mt / 17.060ft (possible to observe some Condors around the area). Catch views of the surrounding mountains; this experience is unique step by step we can conquer the Peru summit.
We Descend to our next campsite of Canal Inka ( Altitude 3,750 mt / 12,303 ft) where you will see more beautiful landscapes.
- Early wake up to enjoy the views of Salkantay, and Humantay mountains
- Hiking towards the highest Pass “Inka Chiriaska” where the Inca Emperor suffered of super cold
- Accommodation: Inka Canal Camp.
- Hiking Distance: 16 km / 9.92 miles
- Estimated duration: 7 hours Hike
- Highest point: Inka Chiriaska Pass 5,200mt / 17.060ft
- Campsite elevation Inka Canal 3,750mt / 12,303ft
- Weather: Cold
- Location: The Andean Cusco
- Inca Trail Conditions is rocky, dusty, and slippery
- Difficulty: Moderate to Challenging
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Day 3: Inca Canal – Paucarcancha – Ayapata
This morning our trek leads us; to the Cusichaca river passing the Inca canals to get Wayllabamba Site (Altitude 3,000mt / 9,842ft) that connects us to the official Inca trail. Here, we will meet our Andean porters to start the Inca trail to Ayapata camp. In this route we will explore the Paucar Cancha ruins of the Salkantay tour Inca Trail trek 6 Days.
Summary Salkantay Trek
- Wake up with hot Coca leave drink in your tent
- Downhill trek into the Andes forest
- 3 hours trek to Wayllabamba (meeting point with your Inca porters here)
- Explore the Inka site of Paucar Cancha “the happy place”
- Accommodation: Ayapata Camp 3300 meters.
- Trekking Distance: 12 km / 7.4 miles
- Estimated duration: 4 hours trek
- Highest point: Ayapata
- Weather: Cold, and nice weather
- Trail Conditions is rocky, dusty, and slippery
- Difficulty: Moderate to Challenging
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Day 4: Ayapata – Warmiwañuska – Chaquicocha
After breakfast we trek the up to Llulluchapampa where the hike becomes truly spectacular with scenery that more than compensates for the effort. Vegetation is thins and the day warms on the approach to the highest point of the trail “Warmiwañusca Pass” 4,236mt/13,894ft. We take lunch at the Pacaymayo Valley 3,526mt /11,566ft.
Continuing after lunch we follow the Inca road to Runkuracay pass (one hour to climb up) also this afternoon we will explore some Incan sites Runkuracay, Sayacmarka, Conchamarca, camp at Chaquicocha.
- Trekkers from the world survive the two highest Andes passes the Warmiwañusca and Runkuracay
- Explore the two Incan sites the Runkuracay and Sayacmarka
- Weather: several different microclimates
- Lunch at Pacaymayo, located between the 2 passes on a valley
- Walking distance: 16 km / 9.9 miles
- We trek this route and different campsites to avoid crowds
- Camp location: Chaquicocha
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Day 5: Chaquicocha – Phuyupatamarca – Wiñaywayna
Today we follow the most astonishing track of the Inca trail with lot of good scenery on this day. Today we have to move down more than going up into the reach forest. Also we will explore Phuyupatamarka temple, Intipata terracing Inca system, and a plus of Wiñaywayna Inca sites. The trail from Phuyupatamarka becomes increasingly more dramatic as it leads down to the next campsite at Wiñaywayna (Altitude 2,740 m/8,990 ft.)
- Today is the easiest day trek; and trek into the cloud forest
- Explore 3 Incan sites Phuyupatamarka, Intipata, and Wiñaywayna
- Elevation: we have to descend from 3600 m / 2236 ft to camp 2600 m / 1615 ft last campsite of the Inca Trail located just behind Machu Picchu
- Walking distance: 10 km / 6.2 miles
- Lunch at Wiñaywayna camp
- Free afternoon to recover energy to next day for Machu Picchu exploring tour.
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Day 6: Wiñaywayna – Machu Picchu
Last day trek for entering through Inti Punku (Sun Gate), and enjoy a professional guided walking tour of the stupendous Machupicchu. Later on return by the shred touristic bus service to Machu Picchu Pueblo for lunch (on your own) before boarding the train to Ollantaytambo village. You will be met at the train station by our Kondor staff and private transport to your hotel in Cusco.
Summary trek in Machu Picchu
- Trek the last trace of the Inca trail towards Inti Punku “the Sun Gate” first glimpse of Machupicchu after many days of trek.
- Guided tour is 2 hours for exploring Machu Picchu “the 7th new wonder”
- Walking distance: 5 km / 3 miles
- By bus descend to Aguas Calientes town for lunch (not included)
- During the Afternoon the train back service from Machu Picchu train station to Ollantaytambo train station
- During the Afternoon the or night we transfer you from Ollantaytambo to Cusco city by car to your selected hotel
- Meals: Breakfast.
Salkantay tour Inca Trail trek 6 Days Includes
- Salkantay & the Classic Inca trail to Machu Picchu 6d
- Trek briefing with your Guide.
- Second tour guide for groups above 9+
- Private Transport and professional driver (to the starting point of trek)
- All entrance tickets and permits for Inca Trail and Machu Picchu Park.
- Indigenous Porters to carry ((camping equipment: client tents, dining and cooking tents, table, stools, cooking gear, stove, gas container, cutlery, plates, food and fresh vegetables).
- Extra porter to carry 7 kg/15.4 lb. personal items (so you just need to carry your day backpack with everything you will need during the day).
- Horse handlers and mules/horses for all our equipment and personal belongings during the Salkantay trek portion.
- Bus ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes Village
- Machu Picchu guided tour (2 hrs) and extra time for you.
- 1 train ticket from Machupicchu pueblo to Ollantaytambo village (Expedition Tourist Train)
- 1 bus ticket from Machu Picchu Park to Machu Picchu Pueblo
- 5 nights camping during the Salkantay tour Inca Trail trek 6 Days
- Spacious tents / Sleeping mat.
- We provide a duffle bag for personal items.
- Boiled water provided from 2nd day (for drinking during hike)
- One Chef and assistant Cook
- Excellent Meals (5 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 5 Dinners)
- Food includes pancakes, omelets, soups, fresh fruit, avocado, pasta, chicken, fish, meat, rice, all before rich in carbohydrates and suitable for trekking (Vegetarian, vegan or special diet meals upon request).
- Tea time before dinner (tea, coffee, biscuits, popcorn)
- Wake up coca tea in your tent.
- Buckets of hot water for washing in your tent every day
- Biodegradable soap and hand cleansing gel
- Kondor Path Tours uses walkie-talkies on all treks.
- Oxygen Tank & First aid kit
- All local taxes
Salkantay tour Inca Trail trek 6 Days Does Not Included
- Tips: Guide, Cook, Porters
- Water on Day 1
- Energy snacks will be very useful as chocolate bars, dried fruits
- Breakfast on Day 1, Lunch on Day 6
- In an effort to reduce plastic waste on the trail we encourage our guests to use refillable water bottles
Salkantay tour Inca Trail trek 6 Days Bring
- A good daypack: Eagle Creek Afar Backpack –appropriate packs (to carry your personal belongings).
- Original passport (International Student Identity Card “ISIC” it is applicable).
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended but not required).
- Lighter trekking boots (with good ankle support)
- 4 pairs of Trekking pants “not jeans”, 2 hiking, 1 cotton–which is just enough, please spray both pairs with an insect repellent spray the clothes before the trip of Salkantay tour Inca Trail trek 6 Days .
- Layers for variable temperatures especially at night
- 1 rain jacket: The second night the temperature can be as – 5 degrees Celsius / 41 degrees Fahrenheit, the rain jacket can be helpful, because there are raining days (even if we are in dry season!).
- 1 warm / winter jacket (Thermals: wool socks/ gloves / scarf and woolen hat for cold nights).
- 5 pairs of underwear, 5 pairs of socks (Bamboo or cotton/nylon-blend socks dry faster than 100 percent cotton, which lose their softness when air-dried.) it is nice to have a couple of extra pairs of socks to change into at night when you’re not hiking. Also, we recommend bringing both really heavy hiking socks and lighter socks as well, the weather is all over the place, so you want to make sure you’re not too cold or overheating.
- 4 t-shirts, 2 long sleeve shirts
- 1 Good sleeping bag liner, it is super lightweight and easy to pack, definitely does its job!.
- Travel-size tissues and wet wipes–The air is cold and damp, so your nose is going to run a lot. Everyone seems to run out of tissues by the end of the trek. Also, most bathrooms do not have toilet paper (if you even get a bathroom), so wet wipes are key.
- Iron tablets and pills for altitude sickness. Several people on the hike have varying degrees of altitude sickness and both of these remedies (in addition to the coca tea) are very helpful in alleviating the symptoms.
- Sun protection cream (SPF 45 or higher recommended).
- Bug spray with 30% DEET in it–which you need, but it doesn’t work very well. The issue with Cusco outdoor is that most of the bugs are not mosquitoes. They are these small flies you can’t even see that leave weird bites that first look like you pricked your finger and then blow up into itchy red bumps. Unfortunately, these bugs seem to bite you no matter what kind of spray you put on.
- Re-usable plastic or metal water container or a hydration pack such as Camel back
- Water (only on first day hike, then we will provide you throughout the hike).
- Camera and film
- A headlamp to navigate camp in the evenings and pre-dawn mornings with spare batteries
- Bandages or moleskin
- Flip flops to change into at night – your toes will thank you!
- Toiletries: Toothbrush, Toothpaste/Floss, Shampoo/conditioner, Brush/comb, Vaseline (for feet great for potential blisters), Feminine hygiene products, Deodorant, Nail clippers/file/tweezers, Spare glasses and/or prescription, mini-eyeglass repair kit, or contact lenses and supplies, Hand sanitizer etc.–which you need, but pack light.
- Medication (Imodium AD or something for your stomach, some people get an upset stomach at one on the trek, with 8-10 hours of hiking each day, you need to get over whatever the day throws at you quickly, so bring some meds.), etc.
- Plastic bags for dirty and wet clothes
- Something to read in the evenings
- Extra money for drinks, tips in soles (porters, cooks, guides. (USD$30-40)
- Emergency money at least 200-350 extra soles (USD$ 120)
Salkantay tour Inca Trail trek 6 Days
GROUP SERVICE: US$ 1,100. p/person.
* To open a new date of hike we need at least three trekkers!
** Personal Porter Included In the Price! to carry 6 kg/13.2 lb. for personal items (You just need to carry your day backpack with everything you will need during the day.)
*** Kondor Path Tours operates the Inca Trail route; our groups are not shared with third parties.
**** Student discounts applies to students holding a valid Green ISIC card. “$ 30 off per person”
PRIVATE SERVICE: US$ 1,150. p/person.
* To open a new date of hike we need at least two hikers!
RESPONSIBLE Inca Trail tour OPERATOR, we are Specialists, working with NATIVE PEOPLE (Sensitive & Sustainable Machu Picchu travel company).
- +S$ 75 p/person. Huayna Picchu entrance fee (book in advance this extra option)
- +$75 p/person. Vistadome Train (One Way) Salkantay tour Inca Trail trek 6 Days
- US$35 p/person. Sleeping Bag; please note that if you are over 1.95 meters / 6´4″ tall then you won’t be able to rent a sleeping bag in Cusco. In this case it is recommended to bring your own.
- US$25 p/person. Walking Pole
- US$30 p/person. Inflatable Mattress
- US$75 p/person. Single Tent Supplement
- US$75 p/person. Personal Porter to carry extra 7 kg of personal items
Salkantay tour Inca Trail trek 6 Days NEED A PERMIT: In order to book your Salkantay tour Inca Trail trek 6 Days to Machu Picchu, the Peruvian authorities cap the number of Inca Trail trekking permits to 500 people per day; Salkantay tour Inca Trail trek 6 Days everyone enters the trail needs a permit including the trekker, guide, porters and other support staff. Permits often sell out several months in advance (5 to 8 month in advance), and you must book well ahead to secure your place. When you fill in our booking form you must fill in alternative start dates that are possible for you to begin the trek and these have to valid. If your preferred date is sold out we will use one of these alternative dates for your permit. Once we purchase your permit from the National Park office (INC & UGM), you are 100% confirmed to start this day, Salkantay tour Inca Trail trek 6 Days this date cannot be changed. Permits are completely non-refundable or transferable, so please make sure the date you booked is a good date to start this adventure. Your permit is linked to your name and passport number. If you change your passport after booking your Inca Trail trek permit or you plan to travel with a different passport, you MUST also bring the passport you used to book your permit, or you will not be able to trek the Inca Trail trek to Machu Picchu.
Only 400 people can climb this mountain, so it needs to be booked in advanced, and the price is $65 per person. It is recommended to climb Huayna Picchu at 10-11 AM time slot as otherwise you miss your guided tour. It is recommended to have this booked about 2 to 3 months in advance to secure your permit Salkantay tour Inca Trail trek 6 Days .
If you want to stay longer at Machu Picchu (Aguas Calientes village), then you can book an extra night at the village. Just let us know that you plan to stay an extra night so we organize your return train and transport for the next day to Cuzco. You can either organize your accommodation by yourself or we can assist with making bookings. If you were thinking of going back to Machu Picchu the next day then you will have to buy a new entrance fee to Machu Picchu and the bus tickets around $70 (book in advance) Salkantay tour Inca Trail trek 6 Days.
Kondor Path Tours HOW TO BOOK
Salkantay tour Inca Trail trek 6 Days WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED without a completed booking form and deposit sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is a $300 per person deposit needed. All deposits are fully non-refundable. We accept payments through PayPal which will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler, we will email you your booking invoice and confirmation once your information and deposit are received.
Many people will already be familiar with using this system and have PayPal accounts, which is the primary method for purchases and sales on eBay. However, an account is not necessary and clients can pay with PayPal by just using their credit cards.
Please note that with PayPal, if you are sending the deposit transfer online, they will normally call your registered home address to confirm the security of the online transaction. If you are not at your home address to confirm the telephone call, the money transfer may be cancelled.
In addition, if a transfer is made from a computer (IP address) in a different country to normal (i.e. whilst you are travelling abroad), then PayPal may need to contact you at home to confirm the transfer is legitimate. Again, if you are not home, the transfer may be cancelled.
If you are away from home, you may need to consider a family member or friend sending the transfer on your behalf, but we would need to know their name.
WE ACCEPT PAYMENTS THROUGH PAYPAL that will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler; we will email you your booking invoice and confirmation once your information and deposit are received.
Click on the image for enlarge the Map
Salkantay Tour Inca Trail Trek 6 Days
|Duration:||6 Days and 3 Nights|
|Sites to visit:||Salkantay trail and the Classic Inca Trail with Inca sites along the adventure|
|Tour Style:||Adventure (hiking), Archeological, Camping, Cultural and Ecological|
|Recommended group size:||Minimum 02 Passenger, Maximum 16 Passengers|
|Highlight:||Hiking alongside the magnificent Andean Salkantay Mt. and Inca Trail (the varied and amazing sites along the Inca Trail, arriving at Machu Picchu via the Inti Punko|
|Location:||The Salkantay Trail trek begins 3 hours drive west of Cusco, Peru and from Soraypampa (Mollepata). This hike joins the Classic Inca Trail at Wayllabamba settlement.|
|Physical Level:||6 Days and 3 Nights|
|Total Travel Distance:||71 km / 44 miles|
|Departures:||Any day with two people|
|Recommended age for the tour:|