What to bring to Salkantay trail?
If you want to do the Salkantay Trek, we must take everything that we will mention next because it will be handy to realize the tour to the Salkantay trail.
Through Salkantay, the Inca Trail is one of the best adventure alternatives to allow you to visit Machu Picchu in 5 days and four nights in a 73 kilometers (45.3 miles) journey. Of course, you should count a little more physical condition since the route is relatively long, and you could even say that the road is somewhat more rugged.
- Mountain shoes or slippers with grip
- Champa and coat for the days in the snowy
- Cap or hat
- A bottle of water
- Insect repellent
- UV sunscreen
- A personal blanket for the rain
- Long sleeve polo shirts
- Shorts and Longs
- Lip balm
- Toilet paper
- Snack bar
- Glasses, plastic bags, sleeping bags
- Personal and medical articles
- One light backpack per person
- Camcorder or video camera and its extra charger
- Some extra money in the small denomination (preferable Soles)
- Water Bottle, Flashlight.
- Water purification tablets.
- Personal clothing for the trip.
- Bring extra money for spending on the road and upon arrival to Aguas Calientes.