Cusco is, for many centuries, a city full of history; its streets give us an idea of how majestic the Inca empire was. You can visit with Kondor Path Tours many places, but we will talk about the 05 best attractions in Cusco that you must visit; otherwise, your trip will not be complete.
1. MACHU PICCHU It is one of the new seven wonders; Machu Picchu is a stone city discovered in 1911 by Hiram Bingham. When you arrive in this city, you will feel the incredible energy emanating from this Inca place. If you stay more than one day in Machupicchu Pueblo, you can pay a visit to Aguas Calientes and take a good and relaxing bath; the same day, you can tour this beautiful city and enjoy nature.
2. SACSAYHUAMAN This fortress is very close to the city of Cusco, a perfect example of the work of the Inca Empire. From Sacsayhuaman, it is possible to see the entire city and take extraordinary photographs, especially in the afternoon. Making an early tour to see the whole landscape better is advisable.
3. SACRED VALLEY by Vehicle This valley takes you an hour to travel. The sacred valley forms by Calca, Lamay, Pisac, Urubamba, and Ollantaytambo; nature and the streets of the Inca are the main attractions. Pisac and Ollantaytambo have Inca ruins that many tourists visit; In Pisac, you must see the artisan market and buy some souvenirs.
4. CUSCO CATHEDRAL This impressive church is the main cathedral of Cusco; When you visit it, you will be able to know all the colonial pasts of the city of Cusco embedded in the paintings on the walls. On the right side of the main altar is the “Lord of the Tremors,” the city’s patron saint. On Holy Monday, this image of Jesus Christ does carry through the city’s main streets under the chants and prayers of many religions from Cusco.
5. INKA MUSEUM In this famous museum, you can find historical documents and some Inca objects such as ceramics, textiles, and other colonial things. By visiting this museum, you will learn more about the history of Cusco until today. Sometimes it can be challenging to choose a place to start our journey. Kondor Path Tours will give you the most appropriate guidelines to make your trip to Cusco the most comforting.