Hiking Inca trail
Hiking Inca trail is the ideal tour program for Outdoor activities, explore the ancient city of Cuzco “get the perfect acclimation of heights before the main day hike”, the Inca Trail adventures Machu Picchu step by step to the one of the “Seven Wonders of the World” MACHU PICCHU. On the famous Inca Trail see the wondrous, changing panoramic views and different micro-climates of mountain like The Andes, and the cloud forest rich in flora and fauna. Be in awe and thrilled every step of the way visiting Incan sites such as Patallacta, , Sayacmarka, Phuyupatamarka, Wiñaywayna and much more on route to finally bask in its beauty and Majestically Inca main temple MACHU PICCHU.
WE ARE TAKING BOOKINGS FOR TREK DEPARTURES! 2018 Inca Trail on SALE “EARLY” Easter! April, May, June And July likely to sell out in October 2017.
BOOK EARLY TO ENSURE AN INCA TRAIL PERMIT IS AVAILABLE. THESE ARE SOLD ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS AND ONCE THEY ARE GONE, THEY ARE GONE…
Hiking Inca trail Overview
- Day 1: Cusco Arrival AM, and PM Cusco hiking tour
- Day 2: Free Day in Cusco City
- Day 3: Cusco – Km 82 – Ayapata [Hiking Inca trail]
- Day 4: Ayapata – Chaquicocha Camp [Hiking Inca trail]
- Day 5: Chaquicocha – Wiñaywayna Camp [Hiking Inca trail]
- Day 6: Wiñaywayna to Machu Picchu [Hiking Inca trail]
- Day 7: Last Day In Cusco
Day 1: Cuzco Arrival AM, and PM Cusco Walking Tour
AM Land Cusco city by airplane, then a meeting by Kondor staff at Cusco airport to transfer you to your nice Hotel located near Cuzco center, then PM Cusco walking tour “explore The 12 angle stones, the Qoricancha main Inca temple “many Inca altars”, San Blas neighborhood where the Andean artists are making nice Catholic painting, also visit San Pedro Local and Traditional market to get some fresh organic fruits and vegetables “recommended Chirimoyas” Ideal day to get acclimatized on height Andes Mountains; this tour is made by foot.
Cusco Overnight in a 3 star Hotel
- Meeting Point: At the Airport
- AM Reception at Cuzco airport, and transfer to your HTL “hotel”
- AM, feel free to get acclimatized on high altitudes
- PM explore by foot: Cusco center, the 12 angle stones, the Qoricancha, San Pedro Market, and the San Blas neighborhood.
- End of walking tour at your Hotel
- Level: Easy
- Cuzco Overnight
Day 2: Free Day in Cusco City
Your second day in ancient Inca land, today you are free to explore by yourselves Cusco or other places.
Optional: additional cost book with Kondor Path Group, half day city tour “4 Incan sites” or the Sacred Valley of the Incas 1 day, or the South Cusco valley 1 day, or Biking cross country and downhill at Maras Moray Salineras path, Or Nice Shamanic ceremonies “write us to this”
- Explore by yourselves Cuzco
- Or rent a tour with Kondor Path Tour: extra cost, Cuzco 4 Incan sites, or bike 1 day, The holly Valley tour 1 day, or the South Valley with Guinea Pig dish 1 day, or Horseback riding ½ day.
- Cusco overnight Hotel Included
- Breakfast included at Hotel
Day 3: Cusco – Km 82 – Ayapata “Hiking Inca trail”
AM very early morning we departure from Cusco city to KM 82 by bus or van, (half an hour break at Ollantaytambo; optional to get a locally organic coffee), then near the KM 82 of the train rail we meet with our Andean porters “people who carry all the mountain equipment” and show our Inca trail to Machupicchu permits at the checkpoint “el Control”. Walk alongside the Urubamba River with views of snow-capped peaks like the Veronica glacier and other great mountains; before passing over the Incan site of Llactapata (the place of people, called in Incan name). Continue hiking to our first campsite at Ayapata or depends which cam we will be. Welcome afternoon tea
Inca Trail Tour Summary
- Inca Trail trek briefing with your trekking guide the night before at you hotel at 6.00 PM
- Early morning picking you up from your hotel
- Transfer service by touristic transport to Km 82, 2720 m / 8923 ft
- Archaeological sites of Cana Marka and Llactapata “nice views from the natural lookout”
- Lunch at Hatun Chaca village (big bridge) at approximately 1:30 PM
- Camping in Ayapata 3300 m / 10829 ft “the best program”
- Walking distance: 14 km / 8.6 miles “Hiking Inca trail“
- Weather: Changes from hot to warm
- Elevation gained: from 2720 m to 3300 m
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Day 4: Ayapata – Chaquicocha Camp “Hiking Inca trail”
Today will be the most strenuous part of the ancient Inca trail of the Inca Empire. You will climb up to Llulluchapampa “middle of the mountain and last place to get some drinks and snacks” from Llulluchapampa the hike becomes truly spectacular with scenery that more than compensates for the effort “the Andes nature; step by step always is possible to conquer the summit” Warmiwañusca pass (4,236 m/13,894 ft the first pass). Thereafter, we descend down to the Pacaymayo high Andean Valley (3,526 m/11,566 ft) lunch place. Then we have to carry on following the original Inca trail to the second pass called Runkuracay 3940 Masl, the rest of the trail is downhill to Chaquicocha Camp; today we have a nice experience in hike conquering 2 passes and exploring 2 Incan sites; in this form the trail isn’t too crowded avoid many group by this tour hike program.
Inca Trail Trek Summary
- Trekkers from the world survive the two highest Andes passes the Warmiwañusca and Runkuracay
- Explore the two Incan sites of Runkuracay and Sayacmarka
- Weather: several different micro-climates
- Lunch at Pacaymayo, located between the 2 passes
- Walking distance: 16 km / 9.9 miles “Hiking Inca trail“
- We trek routes and campsites to avoid crowds
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Day 5: Chaquicocha – Wiñaywayna Camp “Hiking Inca trail”
After breakfast we will follow a smooth part of an Inca trail to Phuyupatamarka Incan site (3521 m/ 11,552 ft). The Inca trail becomes increasingly more dramatic as it leads down to the next campsite of Wiñaywayna; but it is located into the famous cloud forest that is super nice with many natural lookouts. Tonight we say goodbye to our Inca trail porters because they will depart our campsite very early the next morning to catch the first train in the morning and go to their homes “on mountains”. Also today we can explore 3 Incan sites: Phuyupatamarka, Intipata, and Wiñaywayna. The rest of the afternoon recover you energy to Machupicchu Inca site.
Inca Trail Peru Treks Summary
- Today is the easiest day trek into the cloud forest
- Explore 3 Incan sites Phuyupatamarka, Intipata, and Wiñaywayna
- Elevation: we have to descend from 3600 m / 2236 ft to camp 2600 m / 1615 ft last campsite of the Inca Trail located behind Machu Picchu
- Walking distance: 10 km / 6.2 miles “Hiking Inca trail“
- Lunch at Wiñaywayna
- Free afternoon to recover energy to next day, Machu Picchu
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Day 6: Wiñaywayna to Machu Picchu
Super early in the early morning we will trek to Sun gate for our first glimpse views of Machu Picchu, then walk down to the Inca Sanctuary for a professional guided walking tour of Machu Picchu (2 hour approx.). Then free time for you; afterwards, take the bus service down to Machu Picchu Pueblo also known as Aguas Calientes village to eat lunch (by your own) before taking the train to Ollantaytambo village and transfer to your hotel in Cusco city.
- Trek the last trace of the Inca trail towards Inti Punku “Sun Gate”
- Guided tour 2 to 3 hours for exploring Machu Picchu “the 7th new wonder”
- Walking distance: 5 km / 3 miles “Peru Treks Inca Trail Hike”
- By bus descend to the town of Aguas Calientes for lunch (not included)
- PM train back service from Machu Picchu train station to Ollantaytambo train station
- PM or night transfer service from Ollantaytambo to Cuzco city by car
- Cusco overnight “HOTEL included”
- Meals: Breakfast.
Day 7: Last Day In Cusco
We will collect you from your Hotel at your designated time, and transfer to the Cusco airport for your flight to your next destination.
- Breakfast included at Hotel
Thanks for coming to South America [Hiking Inca trail]
Hiking Inca trail 7 Day Included
- Hiking Inca trail to Machu Picchu Travel 7 Days
- Trip briefing before departure.
- Transfer IN/OUT
- 3 nights in a 3 star Hotel standard in Cusco or similar. (3 ventanas Hotel)
- Walking tour
- Professional Native Guide (On Hike)
- Second tour guide for groups of 9+
- Private Transport and professional driver (to the starting point of hike – km 82)
- All entrance tickets and permits for Inca Trail adventures Machu Picchu .
- Indigenous Porters to carry (camping equipment: client tents, dining and cooking tents, table, stools, cooking gear, stove, gas container, cutlery, plates, food and fresh vegetables).
- Extra porter to carry 7 kg/15.4 lb. personal items (so you just need to carry your day backpack with everything you will need during the day) Inca Trail adventures Machu Picchu .
- Bus ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes Village
- Machu Picchu guided tour (2 hrs) and extra time for you.
- 1 train ticket from Machupicchu pueblo to Ollantaytambo village (Expedition Tourist Train)
- 1 bus ticket from Machu Picchu Park to Machu Picchu Pueblo
- 3 nights camping
- Spacious tents / Sleeping mat.
- We provide a duffle bag for personal items.
- Boiled water provided from 2nd day (for drinking during hike)
- One Chef and assistant Cook
- Excellent Meals (5 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Dinners)
- Food includes pancakes, omelets, soups, fresh fruit, avocado, pasta, chicken, fish, meat, rice, all before rich in carbohydrates and suitable for trekking (Vegetarian, vegan or special diet meals upon request).
- Tea time before dinner (tea, coffee, biscuits, popcorn)
- Wake up coca tea in your tent.
- Buckets of hot water for washing in your tent every day on your Hiking Inca trail
- Biodegradable soap and hand cleansing gel
- Kondor Path Tours uses walkie-talkies on all treks.
- Oxygen Tank & First aid kit
- All local taxes
Hiking Inca trail does not Included
- Domestic flights. (we can book for you)
- Extra porter to carry your baggage ($ per person will carry 7 kg/15 lbs to include your sleeping bag for the entire trek)
- Water on Day 1
- Energy snacks will be very useful as chocolate bars, dried fruits
- Meals: Some meals are not included check overview please.
- In an effort to reduce plastic waste on the trail we encourage our guests to use refillable water bottles
- Tips: Guide, Cook, Porters
Hiking Inca trail 7 d Bring
- A good daypack: Eagle Creek Afar Backpack –appropriate packs (to carry your personal belongings).
- Original passport (International Student Identity Card “ISIC” it is applicable).
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended but not required).
- Lighter trekking boots (with good ankle support)
- 2 pairs of Trekking pants “not jeans”, 1 hiking, 1 cotton–which is just enough, please spray both pairs with an insect repellent spray the clothes before the trip.
- Layers for variable temperatures especially at night
- 1 rain jacket: The second night the temperature can be as – 5 degrees Celsius / 41 degrees Fahrenheit, the rain jacket can be helpful, because there are raining days (even if we are in dry season!).
- 1 warm / winter jacket (Thermals: wool socks/ gloves / scarf and woolen hat for cold nights).
- 3 pairs of underwear, 4 pairs of socks (Bamboo or cotton/nylon-blend socks dry faster than 100 percent cotton, which lose their softness when air-dried.) it is nice to have a couple of extra pairs of socks to change into at night when you’re not hiking. Also, we recommend bringing both really heavy hiking socks and lighter socks as well, the weather is all over the place, so you want to make sure you’re not too cold or overheating.
- 2 t-shirts, 2 long sleeve shirts
- 1 Good sleeping bag liner, it is super lightweight and easy to pack, definitely does its job!.
- Travel-size tissues and wet wipes–The air is cold and damp, so your nose is going to run a lot. Everyone seems to run out of tissues by the end of the trek. Also, most bathrooms do not have toilet paper (if you even get a bathroom), so wet wipes are key.
- Iron tablets and pills for altitude sickness. Several people on the hike have varying degrees of altitude sickness and both of these remedies (in addition to the coca tea) are very helpful in alleviating the symptoms.
- Sun protection cream (SPF 45 or higher recommended).
- Bug spray with 30% DEET in it–which you need, but it doesn’t work very well. The issue with Cusco outdoor is that most of the bugs are not mosquitoes. They are these small flies you can’t even see that leave weird bites that first look like you pricked your finger and then blow up into itchy red bumps. Unfortunately, these bugs seem to bite you no matter what kind of spray you put on.
- Re-usable plastic or metal water container or a hydration pack such as Camel back
- Water (only on first day hike, then we will provide you throughout the hike).
- Camera and film
- A headlamp to navigate camp in the evenings and pre-dawn mornings with spare batteries
- Bandages or moleskin
- Flip flops to change into at night – your toes will thank you!.
- Toiletries: Toothbrush, Toothpaste/Floss, Shampoo/conditioner, Brush/comb, Vaseline (for feet great for potential blisters), Feminine hygiene products, Deodorant, Nail clippers/file/tweezers, Spare glasses and/or prescription, mini-eyeglass repair kit, or contact lenses and supplies, Hand sanitizer etc.–which you need, but pack light.
- Medication (Imodium AD or something for your stomach, some people get an upset stomach at one on the trek, with 8-10 hours of hiking each day, you need to get over whatever the day throws at you quickly, so bring some meds.), etc.
- Plastic bags for dirty and wet clothes on Inca Trail adventures Machu Picchu
- Something to read in the evenings [Hiking Inca trail]
- Extra money for drinks, tips in soles (porters, cooks, guides. (USD$80-120)
- Emergency money at least 200-350 extra soles (USD$ 180)
Hiking Inca trail 7 days All Inclusive
GROUP SERVICE: US$ 950. p/person.
* To open a new date of hike we need at least four trekkers!
** Personal Porter Included In the Price! to carry 6 kg/13.2 lb. for personal items (You just need to carry your day backpack with everything you will need during the day.)
*** Kondor Path Tours operates the Inca Trail route; our groups are not shared with third parties.
**** Student discounts applies to students holding a valid Green ISIC card. “$ 30 off per person”
PRIVATE SERVICE: US$ 1,350. p/person.
* To open a new date of hike we need at least two hikers!
RESPONSIBLE Inca Trail trek OPERATOR, we are Specialists, working with local PEOPLE (Sensitive & Sustainable Machu Picchu tours company).
- Huayna Picchu entrance fee +S$ 75. p/person. (book in advance this extra option) Peru Treks Inca Trail Hike
- Vistadome Train (One Way): +$ 75. p/person.
- Sleeping Bag US$25 Please note that if you are over 1.95 meters / 6´4″ tall then you won’t be able to rent a sleeping bag in Cusco. In this case it is recommended to bring your own.
- Walking Pole US$20
- Inflatable Mattress US$25
- Single Tent Supplement US$75
- Personal Porter to carry extra 7 kg of personal items US$75
Important Notes: Inca Trail Trek NEED A PERMIT
Hiking Inca trail in order to book your Inca Trail, the Peruvian authorities cap the number of Inca Trail trekking permits to 500 people per day; everyone enters the trail needs a permit including the trekker, guide, porters and other support staff. Permits often sell out several months in advance (5 to 8 month in advance), and you must book well ahead to secure your place. When you fill in our booking form you must fill in alternative start dates that are possible for you to begin the trek and these have to valid. If your preferred date is sold out we will use one of these alternative dates for your permit. Hiking Inca trail once we purchase your permit from the National Park office (INC & UGM), you are 100% confirmed to start this day, this date cannot be changed. Permits are completely non-refundable or transferable, so please make sure the date you booked is a good date to start this adventure. Your permit is linked to your name and passport number. If you change your passport after booking your Inca Trail hike permit or you plan to travel with a different passport, you MUST also bring the passport you used to book your permit, or you will not be able to trek your Hiking Inca trail.
Only 400 people can climb this mountain, so it needs to be booked in advance, and the price is $65 per person. It is recommended to climb Huayna Picchu at 10-11 AM time slot as otherwise you miss your guided tour. It is recommended to have this booked about 2 to 3 months in advance to secure your permit on Inca Trail adventures Machu Picchu .
If you want to stay longer at Machu Picchu (Aguas Calientes village), then you can book an extra night at the village. Just let us know that you plan to stay an extra night so we organize your return train and transport for the next day to Cuzco. You can either organize your accommodation by yourself or we can assist with making bookings. If you were thinking of going back to Machu Picchu the next day then you will have to buy a new entrance fee to Machu Picchu and the bus tickets around $70 (book in advance).
Kondor Path Tours HOW TO BOOK
Hiking Inca trail 7D/6N” WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED without a completed booking form and deposit sent to email@example.com. There is a $ 400 per person deposit needed. All deposits are fully non-refundable. We accept payments through PayPal which will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler, we will email you your booking invoice and confirmation once your information and deposit are received.
Many people will already be familiar with using this system and have PayPal accounts, which is the primary method for purchases and sales on eBay. However, an account is not necessary and clients can pay with PayPal by just using their credit cards.
Please note that with PayPal, if you are sending the deposit transfer online, they will normally call your registered home address to confirm the security of the online transaction. If you are not at your home address to confirm the telephone call, the money transfer may be cancelled.
In addition, if a transfer is made from a computer (IP address) in a different country to normal (i.e. whilst you are travelling abroad), then PayPal may need to contact you at home to confirm the transfer is legitimate. Again, if you are not home, the transfer may be cancelled.
If you are away from home, you may need to consider a family member or friend sending the transfer on your behalf, but we would need to know their name.
WE ACCEPT PAYMENTS THROUGH PAYPAL that will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler; we will email you your booking invoice and confirmation once your information and deposit are received.
Click on the image for enlarge the Map
Hiking Inca trail
|Duration:||7 Day and 6 Night|
|Sites to visit:||Cusco, Hiking Inca trail, and Machu Picchu|
|Tour Style:||Adventure (hiking), Archeological, Camping, Cultural, Ecological and Day Trips|
|Recommended group size:||Minimum 04 Passengers, Maximum 16 Passengers|
|Highlight:||Amazing mountain scenery, and Machu Picchu the lost city of the Incas.|
|Location:||Cusco - Sacred Valley (Inca Trail to Machu Picchu).|
|Physical Level:||7 Day and 6 Night|
|Total Travel Distance:||45 km / 27 miles|
|Departures:||Any day with two people|
|Recommended age for the tour:|