Puma Marca Trek Machu Picchu
Puma Marca Trek Machu Picchu is one of the treks near Ollantaytambo site, and the Sacred Valley of the Incas. The old Inca trail to Ollantaytambo takes you to some of the most fabulous treks in the Andes. Even with the experience of a one day trek, it is incredibly wonderful to have a small touch of how Andean people in ancient times were walked, ran, from Puma Marca site to Machu Picchu. Most of the time the Inca road is downhill, but if you have experience trekking, we can start from the lower dirt road and trek up for one hour, or we can start the trek from Pumamarca. The rest of the Inca trail is flat and downhill. In the afternoon or evening, we go by train to Aguas Calientes village, also known as Machu Picchu Pueblo (the original name of Aguas Calientes). The second day we experience Machu Picchu, one of the new seven wonders of the World.
- Day 1: Pumamarca Trek to Aguas Calientes Village
- Day 2: Machu Picchu Tour
Day 1: Pumamarca Trek to Aguas Calientes Village
Puma Marca Trek Machu Picchu we start early in the morning we will pick you up from your hotel and then by tourist transport we go towards Pumamarca settlement (2 hour and 20 minutes of ride). Before we stop at Raqchi natural Inca lookout to observe the most astonishing view of the Sacred Valley of the Incas (a great place for pictures). We also have a view of the Inca deposits of Andean grains. From Ollantaytambo we follow a dirt road. Once at the beginning of the trek, we hiked a smooth trail up towards the Pumamarca Incan side. This place was a fortress and a ritual place, the holy mountains of the Wakaywillka. After the tour with our professional Kondor guide, we start to descend to Ollantaytambo. The hike into the nature of the Andes makes our walk more enjoyable. There are many Inca terrace systems for farming hidden in the bushes but some of them are visible. The vistas around there are spectacular, the last 30 minutes trek is near the Patacancha river. During the afternoon or evening, we board the train service to Aguas Calientes village (1 hour and 40 minutes of train ride).
Important Note: If you weren’t going to Ollantaytambo via the traditional tour called the “Sacred Valley of the Incas,” you now have the option to visit Ollantaytambo. You just you have to pay the entrance fee to the Incan site (USD $ 25 per person). If you are combining the Pumamarca trek with Ollantaytambo, we can arrange this in advance so you have the right schedule train service to Aguas Calientes village, in order to enjoy the Ollantaytambo Inca site.
- Early morning we pick you up from your hotel
- Private transfer takes us to the starting point of trek “Puma Marca Trek Machu Picchu”
- A leisurely day hike experiencing a touch of Andes nature
- Walking distance: 6 km/2 miles “Puma Marca Trek Machu Picchu”
- Estimated duration: 3 or 4 hours trek
- Highest elevation: 3350 m at Puma Marka Incan site
- Meals: one box lunch included per trekker
- PM a train service from Ollantaytambo train station to Aguas Calientes village
- Weather: cold and hot “Puma Marca Trek Machu Picchu”
- Trail Conditions are rocky, dusty, and slippery. Trekking shoes are a necessity.
- Difficulty: easy to moderate
- Aguas Calientes overnight
Day 2: Machu Picchu Tour
Machu Picchu tour is the final and the most important day in South America Peru. The wonderful and magic Inca place was rediscovered by the professor of history, Hiram Bingham, (an American). Today we have the joy of knowing and exploring this place. In the morning you need to wake up very early, have breakfast in the hostel, and then walk just 5 or 8 minutes of walk to the bus station terminal. After only a 25 minute ride we are arrive at this wonder of the world. You need to have your passport and entrance fee ready. We are ready to explore Machu Picchu which “means the old mountain.” The guided tour takes two hours. As we walk around, we are traversing up and down steps all the time. During the tour we will visit the watch tower of the Incas (the guard house), the old Inca main gate, the two areas that divides Machu Picchu (the residential and the agricultural area), the sacred Plaza, to Sun clock, Sun temple, temple of the Condor, and much more. Then you have free time to relax or to revisit some of your favorite Machu Picchu places. (Your professional local guide will give you all the information needed so you can decide what to do.) During the afternoon you take the train back to Ollantaytambo and the tourist car to Cusco city.
- Early breakfast at your hotel
- Bus or hiking up to Machu Picchu (by bus 25 minutes, by foot 1.5 hours)
- 2 hours tour for exploring Machu Picchu with your guide and then free time
- Optional: Climb to Huayna Picchu at 7 AM or 10 AM (Book in advance with us)
- PM back by bus to Aguas Calientes village.
- PM train return service from Machu Picchu train station to Ollantaytambo train station
- Train times: at 2:55 PM, 4:45 PM, or 6:45 PM depending on availability at Peru Rail / Inca rail
- PM or night transfer service from Ollantaytambo to Cuzco city by car
- Difficulty: easy to moderate
END OF SERVICE “Puma Marca Trek Machu Picchu”
Puma Marca Trek Machu Picchu Included
- Puma Marca Trek to Machu Picchu 1 day
- Trek briefing with your guide to Puma Marca Trek Machu Picchu
- Excellent English speaking tour guide
- Second tour guide for groups of 9+
- Private tourist transport (minivan for 5 people, van for 12 people, or bus for 20 people)
- All entrance tickets to the attractions: Tickets to Puma Marca Trek Machu Picchu.
- Guided tour in Puma Marca Trek Machu Picchu.
- All pick-ups (pick up and drop off at your hotel)
- All transfers and sightseeing per itinerary in modern Inka motor coach
- 2 train tickets from Ollantaytambo to Machu Picchu Pueblo and return (Expedition Tourist Train)
- 2 bus tickets from Aguas Calientes town to Machu Picchu Park and return
- Meals: a box lunch per hiker.
- 1 night Hotel 3 star in Aguas Calientes with private bathroom, hot water and breakfast.
- Oxygen tank & First aid kit
- All local taxes
Puma Marca Trek Machu Picchu Does Not Included
- Meals where it is not stated
- Waynapicchu mountains
- Excess baggage charges (train)
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages or snacks
- Laundry “Puma Marca Trek Machu Picchu”.
- Phone calls/radio calls or messages
- Insurance of any kind
- Tips “Puma Marca Trek Machu Picchu”
Puma Marca Trek Machu Picchu Bring
- Original passport.
- A good day pack: Eagle Creek Afar Backpack or an appropriate pack (to carry your personal belongings).
- International Student Identity Card “ISIC” if is applicable
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended but not required)
- Lighter trekking boots (with good ankle support)
- 1 pair of trekking pants (not jeans)
- 1 rain jacket (even if we are in dry season)
- 1 warm/winter jacket in your Puma Marca Trek Machu Picchu.
- 2 t-shirts, 2 long sleeve shirts.
- Sun protection cream (SPF 45 or higher recommended).
- Bug spray with 30% DEET in it–which you need,although it doesn’t work very well. The issue with Cusco outdoor is that most of the bugs are not mosquitoes. They are these small pesky practically invisible flies that leave weird bites that first look like you pricked your finger and then develop into itchy red bumps. So having some anti-itch ointment could be helpful.
- Re-usable plastic or metal water container or a hydration pack such as Camel-back
- Water “Puma Marca Trek Machu Picchu”
- Camera and film
- Bandages or moleskin
- Flip flops to change into at night (Your toes will thank you!).
- Something to read in the evenings “Puma Marca Trek Machu Picchu”
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks, & tips for your staff
PUMA MARCA TREK TO MACHU PICCHU 2D/1N
GROUP SERVICE: US$ 540. p/person.
* To open a new date of hike we need at least two hikers!
** Kondor Path Tours operates the Puma Marca Trail route; our groups are not shared with third parties.
*** Student discounts applies to students holding a valid Green ISIC card. “$ 30 off per person”
PRIVATE SERVICE: US$ 580. p/person.
RESPONSIBLE Puma Marca Trek OPERATOR, We search and promote hidden Inca Trail along the Andes of Machu Picchu!
Puma Marca Trek Machu Picchu Upgrade options:
Hotel Note: We do not include PayPal 6% merchant fee (paid by the traveler).
Belmond Sanctuary Lodge
+ US$ 530. p/person. DBL / US$ 944. SLG – Deluxe Mountain View
+ US$ 670. p/person. DBL / US$ 1,188. SLG – Deluxe Mountain View & Terrace
+ US$ 920. p/person. DBL / US$ 1,503. SLG -Suites
El Mapi Hotel Machu Picchu by Inkaterra
+ US$ 65. p/person. – Superior Deluxe DBL or SLG
+ US$ 90. p/person. – Suite DBL or SLG
Casa Andina Classic Machu Picchu
+ US$ 50. p/person. – Traditional Room DBL or SLG
+ US$ 60. p/person. – Superior Room DBL or SLG
+ US$ 70. p/person. – Jr. Suite DBL or SLG
Others (Puma Marca Trek Machu Picchu)
+ US$ 15. p/person. – Huayna Picchu entrance fee (book in advance this extra option with your hike package)
+ US$ 65. p/person.– Vistadome Train (One Way)
+ US$ 100. p/person. – Vistadome Train (Round Trip).
TRAIN TIMES (Puma Marca Trek Machu Picchu): On the first day you will take the train at 4.36 PM or 7:00 PM from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes, or Upon availability. The Train return we use at 14:00 PM – 14:55 PM – 16:12 PM – 18:25 PM – or 19:00 PM.
Kondor Path Tours HOW TO BOOK
Puma Marca Trek Machu Picchu 2D WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED without a completed booking form and deposit sent to email@example.com. There is a $250 per person deposit needed. All deposits are fully non-refundable. Kondor Path Tours accept payments through PayPal which will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler, we will email you your booking invoice and confirmation once your information and deposit are received.
Many people will already be familiar with using this system and have PayPal accounts, which is the primary method for purchases and sales on eBay. However, an account is not necessary and clients can pay with PayPal by just using their credit cards.
Please note that with PayPal, if you are sending the deposit transfer online, they will normally call your registered home address to confirm the security of the online transaction. If you are not at your home address to confirm the telephone call, the money transfer may be cancelled.
In addition, if a transfer is made from a computer (IP address) in a different country to normal (i.e. whilst you are travelling abroad), then PayPal may need to contact you at home to confirm the transfer is legitimate. Again, if you are not home, the transfer may be cancelled.
If you are away from home, you may need to consider a family member or friend sending the transfer on your behalf, but we would need to know their name.
WE ACCEPT PAYMENTS THROUGH PAYPAL that will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler; we will email you your booking invoice and confirmation once your information and deposit are received.
Click on the image for enlarge the Map
Puma Marca Trek to Machu Picchu 2 Day
|Duration:||2 Day and 1 Night|
|Sites to visit:||Pumamarca site, Inca Trail and Machu Picchu|
|Tour Style:||Adventure (Hiking and Trekking), Cultural, archaeological, and Ecological|
|Recommended group size:||Minimum 2 People, Maximum 16 people|
|Highlight:||Explore the Pumamarca Inca Trail - out of this world! and soak up the atmosphere on a hiking tour|
|Location:||Sacred Valley - Ollantaytambo on the way to Patacancha|
|Physical Level:||2 Day and 1 Night|
|Total Travel Distance:||6 km / 2 mile|
|Departures:||Any day with two people|
|Recommended age for the tour:||You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a Kondor Path Tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 8|