Moonstone trek Machu Picchu Trip
Moonstone trek Machu Picchu Trip 5D/4N is for visiting the temple of the moon and have an adventure of walking through the Andes Mountains for exploring some ruins entirely by our expedition to Machu Picchu. Hike through the eastern part of the Inca Trail and above the Sacred Valley visiting the Inca quarry of Cachicata. In the evening, we will take the train service from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes village to spend the night into the jungle. Early in the morning, we visit the “Lost City of the Incas” Machu Picchu. We begins a walking guided tour during two hours around the new Seven Wonders of the World.
FAQs: Trail.- via Molinuyoc to Ollantaytambo, Moonstone hike includes a 3 star Hotel on day 4 (ANDINA LUXURY).
- Day 1: Quillarumiyoc – Chillipahua
- Day 2: Chillipahua – Accoccasa Pass – Chancachuco
- Day 3: Chancachuco – Wayrac Punku – Inca Quarry
- Day 4: Inca Quarry – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
- Day 5: Machu Picchu – Cusco
Day 1: Quillarumiyoc – Chillipahua
Moonstone trek Machu Picchu Trip begins early morning pick you up from your hotel Cusco, and we drive you North East to Quillarumiyoc Inca site 3650 m / 11972 ft. “by a Kondor vehicle”. We will tour and have a small walk around the Inca ruins before continuing our drive to the trailhead at Molinuyoc 3317 m / 10,879 ft. located in the Pomatales Canyon (way to Pachar). We will begin our hike ascending towards Wata 3,843 m 12,605 ft. Inca ruins. After our tasty lunch, we descend to our campsite at Chillipahua 3752 m/12306 ft.
- Distance to hike: 10 km/ 6.2 miles
- Trek time: 7 hours “Moonstone trek Machu Picchu Trip”
- Difficulty: moderate
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner
Day 2: Chillipahua – Accoccasa Pass – Chancachuco
Our second day of adventure of Moonstone trek Machu Picchu Trip is ascending on steep mountainsides; we have some vistas of the surrounding Andes Mountains. After lunch, we will cross the Accoccasa Pass 4,625 m / 15,170 ft. viewing the Veronica Mount. 5,882 m / 19,096 ft. and other glaciers mountains. Then we descend to Chancachuco camp 4,177 m / 13,700 ft.
- Distance to hike: 12 km/ 7.4 miles
- Trek time: 9 hours
- Difficulty: difficult “long day”
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 3: Chancachuco – Wayrac Punku – Inca Quarry
After a cup of Coca tea, we continue through a small and beautiful canyon leading to the Silque Valley where we will hike to Inti Punku (Gate of the Wind) following the route of the Inca Aqueduct. Then continue down hike to the Inca remain of Cachicata quarry 3520 m / 11217 ft. and viewing the Sacred Valley with Andes Mountain, in our camp of Cachicata we have great sunset “if it is not cloudy”.
- Distance to hike: 9 km/ 5 miles
- Trek time: 7 hours
- Difficulty: moderate “Moonstone trek Machu Picchu Trip”
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 4: Inca Quarry – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
Our final hike of the trip, we keep exploring Cachicata quarry “great vistas in the way down” and then we descend to the Ollantaytambo Village where our train service will take us to Machu Picchu town and spend the night in a hotel.
- Distance to hike: 9 km/ 5 miles
- Trek time: 4 hours
- Difficulty: Moderate to easy
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Day 5: Machu Picchu – Cusco
Today we have Machu Picchu guided tour “first we go by touristic bus to Machu Picchu gate” and we begin our Kondor Path tour for exploring this ancient Inca citadel and takes approximately 2 hours; then you have free time for you. After you finish your visit go back to Aguas Calientes village and during the afternoon, you have your train return to Ollantaytambo station. Upon arrival in Ollantaytambo, our Kondor vehicle will be waiting to take you to your hotel in Cusco.
- Meals: Breakfast
Moonstone trek Machu Picchu Trip Inclusion:
- Moonstone trek Machu Picchu Trip 5D4N
- Trip briefing before hike with your Kondor guide.
- Professional guide in English language
- Trekking services include camp main cook and assistant cook.
- Mountain equipment (customer tents, dinning tent, kitchen tent, foam mattress, tables, sits)
- All meals on the itinerary (4 Breakfasts, four Lunches, 3 Dinners). Vegetarian people, or vegan, free meals on request at no extra cost!
- Private Kondor vehicle to the trailhead (Molinuyoc).
- Tourist train in and out (Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes village)
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu Park.
- Hotel 2 star (El Presidente) in Aguas Calientes village on day four
- Two bus tickets (Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes).
- Donkeys to carry camp gear and personal hiker equipment. Maximum weight per hiker 7kg / 15 lbs.
- Kondor Path Company will provide a duffel bag to your personal gear.
- Transfer service (Ollantaytambo to Cusco)
- First-aid kit and a bottle of oxygen.
Moonstone trek Machu Picchu Trip Not Included:
- Water on Day 1, just half day
- Breakfast first day, dinner 4th night, lunch last day in Aguas Calientes
- Sleeping bag $25.
- A pair of walking poles $20.
- Single Tent $75.
- Entrance ticket to Huayna Picchu (People who want to visit the famous mountain of Huayna Picchu must Email us as soon as you can “when you book your Moonstone trek Machu Picchu Trip” because according to Machu Picchu rules, there is a limit of 400 people per day that can climb it. Timetable: first group at 07:00 am: 200 people. In addition, 2nd group at 10:00 am 200 people. $65 per person
- Gratuities (porters, cooks, guide, staff).
Hiking Gear (sleeping bag, hiking poles, etc) and passport.
Moonstone trek to Machu Picchu Trip 5D/4N
GROUP SERVICE: US$ 770. p/person.
* To open a new date of hike we need at least two hikers!
** Personal Porter Included In the Price! to carry 7kg / 15 lbs. for personal items (You just need to carry your day backpack with everything you will need during the day.)
*** Kondor Path Tours operates the Inca Quarry Trail route; our groups are not shared with third parties.
**** Student discounts applies to students holding a valid Green ISIC card. “$ 30 off per person”
PRIVATE SERVICE: US$ 820. p/person.
Hotel Note: We do not include PayPal 6% merchant fee (paid by the traveler).
Belmond Sanctuary Lodge
+ US$ 530. p/person. DBL / US$ 944. SLG – Deluxe Mountain View
+ US$ 670. p/person. DBL / US$ 1,188. SLG – Deluxe Mountain View & Terrace
+ US$ 920. p/person. DBL / US$ 1,503. SLG -Suites
El Mapi Hotel Machu Picchu by Inkaterra
+ US$ 65. p/person. – Superior Deluxe DBL or SLG
+ US$ 90. p/person. – Suite DBL or SLG
Casa Andina Classic Machu Picchu
+ US$ 50. p/person. – Traditional Room DBL or SLG
+ US$ 60. p/person. – Superior Room DBL or SLG
+ US$ 70. p/person. – Jr. Suite DBL or SLG
Moonstone trek Machu Picchu 5D/4N optional Extras
US$ 25. p/person. – Huayna Picchu entrance fee (book in advance this extra option with your hike package).
US$ 75. p/person. – Vistadome Train (One Way).
US$ 120. p/person. – Vistadome Train (One Way).
US$ 25 p/person. – Sleeping Bag (4 season, Maximum size 1.95 m / 6´4″).
US$ 25 p/person. – Pair of Walking poles.
US$ 25 p/person. – Air Mattress(rent for 3 nights).
US$ 75 p/person. – Single Tent Supplement (rent for 3 nights).
US$ 180 p/person. – Full Mule to carry 14 kg of personal items.
Kondor Path Tours HOW TO BOOK
Moonstone trek Machu Picchu Trip 5D4N WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED without a completed booking form and deposit sent to Kondor Path Tours. All deposits are $250 per person and are non-refundable. We accept payments through PayPal and it should be sent to email@example.com “deposit taxes are included” We will email you, your booking invoice and confirmation once your details and deposit are received.
Many people will already be familiar with using this system and have PayPal accounts, which is the primary method for purchases and sales on eBay. However, an account is not necessary and clients can pay with PayPal by just using their credit cards.
Please note that with PayPal, if you are sending the deposit transfer online, they will normally call your registered home address to confirm the security of the online transaction. If you are not at your home address to confirm the telephone call, the money transfer may be cancelled.
In addition, if a transfer is made from a computer (IP address) in a different country to normal (i.e. whilst you are travelling abroad), then PayPal may need to contact you at home to confirm the transfer is legitimate. Again, if you are not home, the transfer may be cancelled.
If you are away from home, you may need to consider a family member or friend sending the transfer on your behalf, but we would need to know their name.
WE ACCEPT PAYMENTS THROUGH PAYPAL that will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler; we will email you your booking invoice and confirmation once your information and deposit are received.
Click on the image for enlarge the Map
Moonstone Trek 5 Day
|Duration:||5 Day and 4 Night|
|Sites to visit:||Inca stone moon|
|Tour Style:||Adventure (hiking - trekking), Archeological, Camping, Cultural and Ecological.|
|Recommended group size:||Min (2 Hikers), Max. (16 Ppl.)|
|Highlight:||Best alternative trek, Remote Andes communities along the trail, meeting with indigenous people, Hike through amazing scenery, Enjoy stunning panoramic views of breathtaking Andean valleys, and Experience a unique Machu Picchu exploring|
|Location:||North East of Cusco city|
|Physical Level:||5 Day and 4 Night|
|Total Travel Distance:||40 km / 24.5 mile|
|Departures:||Any day with two people min.|
|Recommended age for the tour:||You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a Kondor Path Tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.|