Lares Trek 5 Days Machu Picchu trip
Lares Trek 5 Days Machu Picchu trip in many centuries ago, the Incas governed this vast Empire, which was connected by thousands of miles of stone-paved highways. Trek the beautiful and Remote Lares Trek 5 Days Machu Picchu hike, place than it has an incredibly scenic, and off the beaten path route to South America`s top wonder of the world. In the Day 4 we visit the new hidden Inca site Called Ankas Marka!
More information for: Lares Trek Information
Lares Trek 5 Days Overview
- Day 1: Cuzco – Huaran – Cancha Cancha
- Day 2: Cancha Cancha – Quishwarani or Quishuarani
- Day 3: Quishwarani to Cuncani
- Day 4: Cuncani to Lares hot springs + Aguas Calientes
- Day 5: Machu Picchu Tour
Day 1: Cuzco – Huaran – Cancha Cancha
A leisurely day hike. A less crowded alternative trek featuring stunning mountain views, incredible starry nights Pick up from your hotel at 7:00 Am for the journey through the Sacred Valley passing through Calca Village (2,950 m/9,678 ft.) we have a short stop to get some fruit or locally grown coffee at the local market. Then we start driving on a road towards Huaran 2800 m / 9,186 ft. Your hike begins here in a fertile valley and follows a small river up through the Andes mountain corridor. After walking over 4 hours, you will begin to see the thatched-roof stone houses of the Cancha Cancha community. Just passed the village, set up camp for the night.
- Early morning pick you up from your hotel
- Explore the Local Market at Calca before Huaran
- Private transfer to the trailhead “Huaran” 2800 m / 9,186 ft.
- A leisure day hike
- Lunch at Cancha Cancha river
- Walking Distance 6 km / 2 miles
- Estimated duration 4 hours trek
- Highest point at Cancha Cancha 3,800m / 12,497ft
- Campsite elevation 3,800m / 12,497ft “Lares Trek 5 Day Machu Picchu trip”
- Weather: Cold
- Trail Conditions is rocky, dusty, and slippery, the trekking shoes required for sure
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner.
Day 2: Cancha Cancha – Quishwarani or Quishuarani
Challenge yourself on the toughest day of the trek! Enjoy incredible views from mountain passes, including the snow capped peaks of Apu Pachacutec.
After breakfast, continue the hike to reach two beautiful glacial Andes lakes, Suiro Cocha and Yurac Cocha. From the lakes, the trail climbs steeply for over 2 hours to the first pass, called Pachacutec 4450 m / 14,599 ft. nearing the top, you will enjoy a spectacular view of the snow-covered peaks of Pitusiray 5750 m / 18,864 ft. and Chicon 5500 m / 18, 044 ft. An original Inca stone path will lead you along the ridge down into the opposite corridor. We follow a series of cascading waterfalls to the community of Quishwarani (Quishuarani) 3700 m / 12,139ft. Camp.
- A Challenge day and the most gratifying hike day (Pachakuteq Pass)
- Meals at Coyalay lake
- Walking Distance 14 km / 9 miles
- Estimated duration 7 hours
- Highest point Pachakuteq Pass 4,450 m / 14,599 ft
- Campsite elevation: Quishwarani 3700 m / 12,139 ft.
- Weather: Cold and very cold!
- Trail Conditions is rocky, dusty, and slippery
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Day 3: Quishwarani to Cuncani
Remote Inca Trail And Lares Trekking Peru, A second challenging day and the most gratifying hike day (1 Pass).
Enjoy spectacular vistas, then begin the ascent to Colque Cruz Pass 4.200 m / 13.780 ft. and decent towards a turquoise lakes and the marvelous landscape of the valley itself, for about 3 hours past several Andes lagoons until we reach the community of Cuncani camp 3900 m / 12.795 ft.
- Second Challenge day hike “great day”
- Meals: close to the seven lagoons
- Cuncani Hiking Distance 14 km / 9 miles “approx.”
- Estimated duration 7 hours
- Campsite elevation: Cuncani camp 3900 m / 12.795
- Weather: Cold in the morning, warm in the afternoon
- Trail Conditions: Rocky and near the Andes creek
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Day 4: Cuncani to Lares hot springs + Aguas Calientes
A leisurely day hike and visit local hot springs of Lares.
Enjoy spectacular vistas, then begin the descent, as we are descending the scenery will become increasingly verdant into the valley of Lares, known for its medicinal hot springs, here we will enjoy a well-earned hot bath. Our Kondor transport is waiting for us at Lares and will take us to Ankas Marka Inca site (20 min. to explore the new hidden Inca citadel), then we go towards Ollantaytambo train station to board our train service. The tourist train service transports us to Machu Picchu Pueblo (2,000 m/6,561 ft.).
- Easiest day trek
- Meals at Lares Hot spring
- Trekking Lares Distance: 10 km / 6.2 miles
- Estimated Trek duration: 2 and a half hours
- At 11:30 Am transfer service from Lares to Ankas Marka “new hidden Inca place”, then to Ollantaytambo train station.
- PM board a train service to Aguas Calientes village
- Accommodation in Aguas Calientes Overnight (hostel) 2,000 meters from train station
- Aguas Calientes overnight
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Day 5: Machu Picchu Tour
Explore Machu Picchu! We’ll visit famous highlights, the tour takes 2 hours exploring this ancient Inca city. Add a Waynapicchu or Montaña tour for an extra challenge and amazing views of the ruins from above (book 4 -8 month in advance Huayna Picchu or Montaña). Noon you return by bus to Aguas Calientes at the indicated time to board your train service to Ollantaytambo. Then you go by tourist transport transfer service to your hotel in Cusco city.
- Early breakfast at your hotel
- Early bus ride to Machu Picchu
- 2 – 3 hours Machu Picchu walking guided tour “No free time in Machu Picchu after guided tour – New rule 2017”
- PM back by bus to Aguas Calientes village
- PM train back service from Machu Picchu train station to Ollantaytambo train station
- Train times: at 2:55 PM, 4:45 PM, or 6:45 PM depending on availability at Peru Rail / Inca rail
- PM or night transfer service from Ollantaytambo to Cuzco city by car.
- Meals: Breakfast.
- Machu Picchu Altitude: 2800 m / 9,186 ft. to 4,450 m / 14,599 ft.
- Difficulty: The trek is rated moderate; any reasonably fit person should be able to cover the route.
- Longest Day: Day 2, Day 3 approximately 14 km / 9 miles
- Coldest Night: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 around 0º Celsius / 32° Fahrenheit
- Temperatures: From minus 4ºC to 28ºC / 39° Fahrenheit to 82° Fahrenheit
End of Lares Trek 5 Day Machu Picchu trip by KP team.
Lares Trek 5 Day Machu Picchu trip
Lares Trek 5 Days Machu Picchu trip Includes
- Our Lares Trek 5 Days Machu Picchu, Via Huaran! Note: No permission is needed for Lares trek except for Machu Picchu we encourage our clients to book this Adventure in advance.
- Trek briefing with your guide
- Professional local guide English Speaking (on hike )
- Second tour guide for groups of 9+.
- Private transport and professional driver (to the starting point of hike)
- Machu Picchu fee. + 2 – 3 hours Machu Picchu hiking guided tour “No free time in Machu Picchu after guided tour – New rule 2017”
- Entrance to Lares thermal Pools (Medicinal Hot Springs)
- Entrance to Ankas Marka new hidden Incan place “on day 4”
- Horses or mules and Indigenous horsemen to carry camping equipment: client tents, dining and cooking tents, table, stools, cooking gear, stove, gas container, cutlery, plates, food and fresh vegetables.
- One emergency donkey “if we’re having trouble walking” (2 – 4 hikers one horse for riding, 4 – 6 two horse for riding, etc.)
- Personal items to carry (7 kg/15.4 lb). (so you just need to carry your day backpack with everything you will need during the day).
- Machu Picchu guided tour (2 hrs.) and extra free time for you.
- 2 train tickets from Ollantaytambo to Machu Picchu Pueblo (Expedition tourist train “round trip”).
- 2 bus tickets from Aguas Calientes town to Machu Picchu Park (round trip).
- 3 Nights camping
- Spacious tents/Sleeping mat.
- 1 Kondor toilet tent with a portable toilet
- 1 night in a Hostel in Aguas Calientes. Sierra Andina group (Andina, Presidente, Continental, or Machu Picchu) based on sharing a room; either double, matrimonial or triple depending on availability. SIA brand rooms all include private bathrooms with hot showers and Wi-Fi.
- We provide a duffle for personal items.
- One Profesional cook
- Excellent meals (4 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 3 Dinners)
- Food includes pancakes, omelets, soups, fresh fruit, avocado, pasta, chicken, fish, meat, and rice, all rich in carbohydrates and suitable for trekking (Vegetarian, vegan or special diet meals upon request)
- Tea time before dinner (tea, coffee, coco, biscuits, popcorn)
- Boiled water provided from 2nd day (for drinking).
- Wake up to coca tea in your tent.
- Buckets of hot water for washing in your tent every day
- Biodegradable soap and hand cleansing gel
- Kondor Path Tours uses walkie-talkies on all treks.
- Oxygen Tank & First aid kit
- All local taxes
Lares Trek 5 Days Machu Picchu trip Does Not Include
- Sleeping bag
- Water on Day 1, just half day
- Energy snacks which can very useful such as chocolate and granola bars and dried fruits
- Breakfast on Day 1; Dinner on Day 4, Lunch on Day 5
- Waynapicchu Mountain (Walk to the top without a guide. The trail is well marked.)
- Tips: Guide, Cook, Porters
Lares Trek 5 Days Machu Picchu trip Bring
- A good daypack: Eagle Creek Afar Backpack –appropriate packs to carry your personal belongings.
- Original passport with the migration Peru card (for Trains, Machu Picchu Park, and Hotels)
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended but not required).
- Swimwear for the hot springs of Lares
- Lighter trekking boots (with good ankle support)
- 3 pairs of trekking pants (not jeans): 1 hiking, 1 cotton–which is just enough. Please spray both pairs with an insect repellent before the trip.
- Layers for variable temperatures especially at night
- 1 rain jacket: The first night the temperature can be as – 5 degrees Celsius/41 degrees Fahrenheit. The rain jacket can be helpful, because there are rainy days even if we are in dry season!
- 1 warm/winter jacket
- Thermals: wool socks, gloves, scarf, and woolen hat for cold nights.
- 4 pairs of underwear, 5 pairs of socks (Bamboo or cotton/nylon-blend socks dry faster than 100 percent cotton, which lose their softness when air-dried). It is nice to have a couple of extra pairs of socks to change into at night when you’re not hiking. Also, we recommend bringing both really heavy hiking socks and lighter socks because the weather is variable, so you want to make sure you’re not too cold or overheat.
- 4 t-shirts, 2 long sleeve shirts
- 1 good sleeping bag liner that is super lightweight and easy to pack. Definitely does its job!.
- Travel-size tissues and wet wipes–The air is cold and damp so your nose is going to run a lot. Everyone seems to run out of tissues by the end of the trek. Also, most bathrooms do not have toilet paper (if you even get a bathroom), so wet wipes are key.
- Iron tablets and pills for altitude sickness. Several people on the hike have varying degrees of altitude sickness and both of these remedies (in addition to the coca tea) are very helpful in alleviating the symptoms.
- Sun protection cream (SPF 45 or higher recommended).
- Bug spray with 30% DEET in it–which you need, but it doesn’t work very well. The issue with Cusco outdoors is that most of the bugs are not mosquitoes. They are these small flies you can’t even see that leave weird bites that first look like you pricked your finger and then blow up into itchy red bumps. Unfortunately, these bugs seem to bite you no matter what kind of spray you put on, so an anti-itch medication could be helpful.
- Re-usable plastic or metal water container or a hydration pack such as Camel back
- Water (only for first day hike). Then we will provide you with water throughout the hike.
- Digital Camera (Extra batteries and extra memories)
- A headlamp to navigate camp in the evenings and pre-dawn mornings with spare batteries
- Bandages or moleskin
- Flip flops to change into at night–your toes will thank you!.
- Toiletries: toothbrush, toothpaste/floss, shampoo/conditioner, brush/comb, Vaseline (for feet great for potential blisters), feminine hygiene products, deodorant, nail clippers/file/tweezers, spare glasses and/or prescription, mini-eyeglass repair kit, contact lenses if required and supplies, hand sanitizer etc.–and whatever else you need, but pack light.
- Medication (Imodium AD or something for your stomach. Some people get an upset stomach on the trek. With 8-10 hours of hiking each day, you need to get over whatever the day throws at you quickly, so bring some meds.
- Plastic bags for dirty and wet clothes
- Something to read in the evenings
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks, & tips to your staff
- Additional Notes
Gift for Andean children “Optional”
Lares Trek 5 Days Machu Picchu trip . We recommend for bringing: Coloring books, crayons, pens, notebooks, pencils, stickers, clothes, toys, etc. but not candies or chemical products. . Children will love to receive these gifts when we pass through Andean communities which have schools.
Lares Trek 5 Days Machu Picchu trip 5D4N
GROUP SERVICE: US$ 795. p/person.
* To open a new date of hike we need at least two hikers!
** Personal Porter Included In the Price! to carry 7 kg/15.4 lb. for personal items (You just need to carry your day backpack with everything you will need during the day.)
*** Kondor Path Tours operates the Lares Trail route; our groups are not shared with third parties.
**** Student discounts applies to students holding a valid Green ISIC card. “$ 30 off per person”
PRIVATE SERVICE: US$ 855. p/person.
RESPONSIBLE Lares Trail OPERATOR, we are Specialists, working with ANDEAN PEOPLE (Sensitive & Sustainable Machu Picchu Company).
+ US$ 75. p/person. Wayna Picchu
Hotel Note: We do not include PayPal 6% merchant fee (paid by the traveler).
Belmond Sanctuary Lodge
+ US$ 530. p/person. DBL / US$ 944. SLG – Deluxe Mountain View
+ US$ 670. p/person. DBL / US$ 1,188. SLG – Deluxe Mountain View & Terrace
+ US$ 920. p/person. DBL / US$ 1,503. SLG -Suites
El Mapi Hotel Machu Picchu by Inkaterra
+ US$ 65. p/person. – Superior Deluxe DBL or SLG
+ US$ 90. p.p.p – Suite DBL or SLG
Casa Andina Classic Machu Picchu
+ US$ 50. p/person. – Traditional Room DBL or SLG
+ US$ 60. p/person. – Superior Room DBL or SLG
+ US$ 70. p/person. – Jr. Suite DBL or SLG
Add other Items to 5 Day Lares Trek
- US$ 35 Sleeping bag (rent for 3 nights)
- US$ 20 Trekking pole (rent for 3 days)
- US$ 30 Inflatable mattress (rent for 2 nights)
- US$ 65 Single tent supplement (rent for 3 nights)
- US$ 95 Extra 7 kg/15 lb. of personal items (rent a donkey for 4 days and a half)
- US$ 140. Horse for riding four days per person
5 Day Lares Trek Machu Picchu TRAIN TIMES: On the fourth day you will be taking the 2:55 PM, 4.36 PM or 7:00 PM train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes.
On Day 5: Train times we use: at 2:55PM, 4:45PM, or 6:45 PM depending on availability at Peru Rail / Inca Rail
Kondor Path Tours HOW TO BOOK
Lares Trek 5 Day Machu Picchu trip 5D WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED without a completed booking form and deposit sent to email@example.com. There is a $250 per person deposit needed. All deposits are fully non-refundable. We accept payments through PayPal which will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler, we will email you your booking invoice and confirmation once your information and deposit are received.
Many people will already be familiar with using this system and have PayPal accounts, which is the primary method for purchases and sales on eBay. However, an account is not necessary and clients can pay with PayPal by just using their credit cards.
Please note that with PayPal, if you are sending the deposit transfer online, they will normally call your registered home address to confirm the security of the online transaction. If you are not at your home address to confirm the telephone call, the money transfer may be cancelled.
In addition, if a transfer is made from a computer (IP address) in a different country to normal (i.e. whilst you are travelling abroad), then PayPal may need to contact you at home to confirm the transfer is legitimate. Again, if you are not home, the transfer may be cancelled.
If you are away from home, you may need to consider a family member or friend sending the transfer on your behalf, but we would need to know their name.
WE ACCEPT PAYMENTS THROUGH PAYPAL that will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler; we will email you your booking invoice and confirmation once your information and deposit are received.
Click on the image for enlarge the Map
Lares Trek 5 Days to Machu Picchu Trip
|Duration:||5 Day and 4 Night|
|Sites to visit:||Explore the Andes, meet the direct descendants of the Inca|
|Tour Style:||Adventure (hiking), Archeological, Camping, Cultural, and Andes Folk.|
|Recommended group size:||Minimum 02 Passenger, Maximum 16 Passengers|
|Highlight:||Andean Communities, Inca Trail, high-altitude hike in Cusco, the 7 waterfalls, the thermal baths of Lares and Machu Picchu.|
|Location:||Huaran (Sacred Valley) to Lares village (Cusco - Peru).|
|Physical Level:||5 Day and 4 Night|
|Total Travel Distance:||44 km / 27.3 mile|
|Departures:||Any day with two people min.|
|Recommended age for the tour:||You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a Kondor Path Tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 10|