Lares Trek 3 Days is a huge experience! Via Condor Pass to Yanahuara, you will get two days of trekking through the mountains and on day 3 discover Machu Picchu
Lares Trek 3 Days is the best hiking alternative if you want to explore the Andes and the Sacred Valley. The impressive Machu Picchu provides a glimpse into the life of the Incas. On the Lares Trek, you’ll get three days of trekking through stunning mountain scenery in a remote area of authentic highland homes (no cars or buildings). On Lares tour the 99% are tropical glaciers with permanent Andes rivers, creeks, and lakes of ice at high elevations which are not affected by the balmy temperatures usually associated with the tropics. Andeans are well known for the high quality of bright fabrics made of alpaca and llama so there is opportunity to purchase articles made from these fabrics. On day two we’ll get to you to Machu Picchu with a scenic train ride from Ollantaytambo.
Lares Trek 3 days! Hiking experience is required.
Lares Trek 3 Days Overview
- Day 1: Lares to Wakawasi
- Day 2: Wakawasi to Machu Picchu Pueblo
- Day 3: Machu Picchu Tour
Lares Trek 3 Days Advice
- Daytime temperatures can be extremely hot or cold but at night it can get quite chilly (below freezing).
- Some hikers can be affected by high altitude. Whether you will be affected is somewhat determined by your genetic makeup, and not necessarily related to your fitness or health. Most people will have no problem as long as they take the time to acclimatize properly, and drink plenty water and Coca tea.
- Bring a warm four seasons sleeping bag.
- Lares weather is very unpredictable so have good waterproof comfortable hiking shoes, a poncho or rain jacket, and trekking poles (are essential).
- No permission is needed for Lares Trek 3 Days except for Machu Picchu we encourage our clients to book this trekking in advance!
Day 1: Lares to Wakawasi
Lares Trek 3 Days is one of the most beautiful Inca Trail in the Cusco state! In this expedition we depart from Cusco City early in the morning (5:00 am) and take a scenic three-hour drive towards north of the Sacred Valley passing through Calca Village (2,950 m/9,678 ft.) which is the capital of the Sacred Valley. Leaving the main road and heading over the Lares Pass (4,450 m/14,599 ft.), we arrive at Lares Valley (3,250 m/10,662 ft.) been the starting point of our trek. Also Lares is the site of the Los Baños Termales de Lares, a relaxing thermal hot springs (temperature ranges from 28 º C/82.51 º F to 34 º C/93.20 º F). After the Andean spa we start hiking uphill for approximately 2 hours to Chanca Chaca, a place where we stop for our lunch at 3,480 m/11,417 ft. Then we will continue hiking westward up a small valley dotted with herds of grazing alpacas and llamas, and Andean farmhouses (made of rocks) to Wakawasi (3,872 m/12,703 ft.) The native inhabitants who are descendants of the Incas have maintained their traditional way of life.
Lares Trek 3 Days Summary
- Early morning pickup at your hotel
- Private transfer to the trailhead “thermal pools of Lares”
- Travel by car to Lares Pass 4,450 m/14,599 ft.
- A leisurely day hike
- Lunch at Chanca Chaca bridge 3,480 m/11,417 ft.
- Walking Distance: 12 km/11 miles
- Estimated duration: 4 hour trek
- Highest point: Waka Wasi camp 3,872 m/12,703 ft.
- Weather: Cold
- Trail conditions: rocky, dusty, and slippery. Trekking shoes definitely required.
- Difficulty: moderate to difficult
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner.
Day 2: Wakawasi to Machu Picchu Pueblo
A challenging day hike but the most gratifying day too.
An early morning the hiking starts (5:30 am) allows us the best views of our incredible Andes mountainous surroundings. Trekking uphill for 3 hours, we reach the Aurora Cassa Pass (4,600 m/15, 091 ft.), our pass of the day. This point offers a rewarding view of the valleys and Aruray Cocha Lake below. We also enjoy spotting native bird species including Andean geese (Cara Cara), ducks, and plovers. From Aurora Cassa Pass we descend, hiking to the two lakes known as Aruraycocha and Yuraccoha, with the forest of Queuña (specific type of tree from the Incas). By one of the lakes we serve our Andes lunch.
During the next two hours before arrival at Mantanay (3,850 m/12,631 ft.) there is a wide change in scenery. The remainder of the hike is full downhill through a picturesque Queuñas bush valley (native) with ample picture taking opportunities of the Andean flora. Then we arrive at Yanahuara (2,780 m/9,120 ft.) an inviting warm village with a comfortable climate, located near Urubamba Valley (the Sacred Valley of the Incas). Our vehicle will meet us here to take us to the Inca town of Ollantaytambo, the place where we board our train service to Aguas Calientes Village, also known as Machu Picchu Town (1 hour and 40 minutes train ride).
Lares Trek 3 Days Summary
- A challenging but most gratifying hiking day (Aurora Cassa Pass)
- Trek up the pass 4,187 m/13,740 ft.
- Meals around the Aruray Cocha Lake
- Walking distance: 18 km/8.68 miles
- Estimated duration: 8 hour hike
- Highest point: Aurora Cassa Pass 4,600 m/15, 091 ft.
- Altitude campsite: none
- Weather: cold
- Trail conditions: rocky, dusty, and slippery. Trekking poles are recommended.
- Difficulty level: difficult but not impossible
- PM transfer service from Yanahuara to Ollantaytambo train station
- PM train service to Machu Picchu Pueblo (1 and a half hour train ride)
- Aguas Calientes overnight
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Day 3: Machu Picchu Tour
Today is the time to visit one of the most renowned examples of Inca architecture known as “The Lost City of the Incas.” Very early in the morning we board the tourist bus towards Machu Picchu Park. The guided tour begins at the natural viewpoint of Casa del Vigilante (Inca Guard house). This place is where you will have the best views of Machu Picchu in all its glory. The guided tour takes three hours for exploring and learning about most of the Incan structures that compose this wonderful citadel. After the guided tour you have free time to stroll around some more.
At noon we return to Machu Picchu Pueblo to board our train service to Ollantaytambo Village. From there we travel by transport to Cusco City (1 hour and forty minutes by train & 1 hour and forty minutes by transport).
- Explore “The Lost City of the Incas”
- Early breakfast at your hotel
- Bus or hiking up to Machu Picchu (by bus 25 minutes, by foot 1.5 hours)
- 2 – 3 hours guided tour for exploring Machu Picchu with your guide “No free time in Machu Picchu – New rule 2017”
- Optional: Climb to Huayna Picchu (Book in advance with us for leaving at 7 AM or 10 AM.)
- PM return by bus to Aguas Calientes village
- PM return train service from Machu Picchu train station to Ollantaytambo train station
- Train times: at 2:55 PM, 4:45 PM, or 6:45 PM depending on availability at Peru Rail/Inca rail
- PM or night transfer service from Ollantaytambo to Cusco city by car
- Meals: Breakfast.
THIS TREK WILL BE ESPECIALLY REWARDING IF YOU HAVE A PASSION FOR ANDES CAMPING, INKA HISTORY, ANDEAN COMMUNITY STAY, CULTURAL IMMERSION, AND TREKKING & HIKING “Lares Trek 3 Days”
Lares Trek 3 Days Included
- Trek briefing with your guide.
- Professional guide
- Second tour guide for groups of 9+
- Machu Picchu fee
- Private transport and professional driver (to the starting point of hike).
- Professional chauffeur on day 1 and 3 “Cusco – Lares and Ollantaytambo to Cusco”
- Horses or mules and indigenous horsemen to carry camping equipment: client tents, dining and cooking utensils, tents, table, stools, cooking gear, stove, gas container, cutlery, plates, food and fresh vegetables.
- Personal items up to 7 kg/15.4 lb. will be carried for you, so you just need to carry your day backpack with everything you will need during the day.
- 2 hours guided tour for exploring Machu Picchu with your guide “No free time in Machu Picchu after the guided tour – New rule 2017”
- 2 train tickets from Ollantaytambo to Machu Picchu Pueblo (Expedition Tourist Train “round trip”)
- 2 bus Tickets from Aguas Calientes town to Machu Picchu Park (round trip)
- 1 night camping
- 1 night in a Hostel in Aguas Calientes. Sierra Andina group (Presidente, Continental, or Machu Picchu) based on sharing a room; either double, matrimonial or triple depending on availability. SIA brand rooms all include private bathrooms with hot showers and Wi-Fi.
- Spacious tents and sleeping mat
- A duffle for personal items
- One cook
- Excellent Meals (2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners)
Food includes pancakes, omelets, soups, fresh fruit, avocado, pasta, chicken, fish, meat, rice, all rich in carbohydrates and suitable for trekking. (Vegetarian, vegan or special diet meals upon request)
- Tea time before dinner (tea, coffee, coco, biscuits, popcorn)
- Boiled water for drinking provided from lunch time of the first day trek
- Wake up to coca tea in your tent
- Buckets of hot water for washing in your tent every day
- Biodegradable soap and hand cleansing gel
- Oxygen tank & First aid kit
- All local taxes [Lares Trek 3 Days]
Lares Trek 3 Days Does Not Include
- Water on Day 1 (the first half of the day)
- Energy snacks such as chocolate bars and dried fruits which can be very useful
- Breakfast on Day 1, and lunch on Day 3
- Waynapicchu Mountain (It’s a well marked trail which is easily followed to the top.) BOOK IN ADVANCE with Us.
- Sleeping bag!
- Tips for guide, cook, and porters
Lares Trek 3 Days Bring
- A good payback: an appropriate pack to carry your personal belongings
- Original passport with the migration Peru card (for Trains, Machu Picchu Park, and Hotels)
- International Student Identity Card “ISIC” is applicable for a discount
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended but not required)
- Lighter trekking boots (with good ankle support)
- 2 pairs of trekking pants (not jeans), 1 hiking and 1 cotton. Please spray both pairs with an insect repellent spray before the trip.
- Layers for variable temperatures especially at night in Lares Trek 3 Days.
- 1 rain jacket: The rain jacket can be helpful, because there are rainy days even in the dry season.
- 1 warm/winter jacket (Thermals: wool socks, gloves, scarf, and woolen hat for cold nights). The first night the temperature can be as low as – 5 degrees Celsius/41 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 3 pairs of underwear, 4 pairs of socks (Bamboo or cotton/nylon-blend socks dry faster than 100 percent cotton, which also lose their softness when air-dried.) is nice to have a couple of extra pairs of socks to change into at night when you’re not hiking. Also, we recommend bringing both heavy hiking socks and lighter socks as well. The weather is variable, so you want to make sure you’re not too cold or too hot.
- 2 t-shirts, 2 long sleeve shirts
- 1 good sleeping bag liner which is super lightweight and easy to pack. This definitely does its job!.
- Travel-size tissues and wet wipe. The air is cold and damp, so your nose is going to run a lot. Everyone seems to run out of tissues by the end of the trek. Also, most bathrooms do not have toilet paper (if you even find a bathroom), so wet wipes are a necessity.
- Iron tablets and pills for altitude sickness. Several people on the hike have varying degrees of altitude sickness and both of these remedies (in addition to the coca tea) are very helpful in alleviating the symptoms.
- Sun protection cream (SPF 45 or higher recommended) for sunny Lares Trek 3 Days.
- Bug spray with 30% DEET in it–which you need, although it doesn’t work very well. The issue with the Cusco outdoors is that most of the bugs are not mosquitoes. They are small pesky practically invisible flies that leave weird bites that look like you pricked your finger and then develop into itchy red bumps. So having some anti-itch ointment could be helpful.
- Re-usable plastic or metal water container or a hydration pack such as Camel-back
- Water (For the first half day of the hike. Then we will provide water for you throughout the hike).
- Camera and film
- A headlamp to navigate camp in the evenings and pre-dawn mornings with spare batteries
- Bandages or moleskin
- Flip flops to change into at night (Your toes will thank you!) to relax in Lares Trek 3 Days.
- Toiletries: toothbrush, toothpaste/floss, shampoo/conditioner, brush/comb, Vaseline (for feet–great for potential blisters), feminine hygiene products, deodorant, nail clippers/file/tweezers, spare glasses and/or prescription, mini-eyeglass repair kit, contact lenses and supplies, and sanitizer etc. Bring what you need, but pack light.
- Medication: Imodium AD or something for an upset stomach, and other medication such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen for aches and pains from 8 to 10 hours of hiking.
- Plastic bags for dirty and wet clothes; if it will rain at Lares Trek 3 Days.
- Something to read in the evenings
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks & tips for your staff.
Lares Trek 3 Days to Machu Picchu
GROUP SERVICE: US$ 650. p/person.
* To open a new date of hike we need at least two hikers!
** Personal Porter Included In the Price! to carry 7 kg/15.4 lb. for personal items (You just need to carry your day backpack with everything you will need during the day.)
*** Kondor Path Tours operates the Lares Trail route; our groups are not shared with third parties.
**** Student discounts applies to students holding a valid Green ISIC card. “$ 30 off per person”
PRIVATE SERVICE: US$ 690. p/person.
RESPONSIBLE Lares Trail OPERATOR, we are Specialists, working with LOCAL PEOPLE (Sensitive & Sustainable Machu Picchu Company).
Lares Trek 3 Days Upgrade options:
Hotel Note: We do not include PayPal 6% merchant fee (paid by the traveler).
Belmond Sanctuary Lodge
+ US$ 530. p/person. DBL / US$ 944. SLG – Deluxe Mountain View
+ US$ 670. p/person. DBL / US$ 1,188. SLG – Deluxe Mountain View & Terrace
+ US$ 920. p/person. DBL / US$ 1,503. SLG -Suites
El Mapi Hotel Machu Picchu by Inkaterra
+ US$ 65. p/person.– Superior Deluxe DBL or SLG
+ US$ 90. p/person. – Suite DBL or SLG
Casa Andina Classic Machu Picchu
+ US$ 50. p/person. – Traditional Room DBL or SLG
+ US$ 60. p/person. – Superior Room DBL or SLG
+ US$ 70. p/person. – Jr. Suite DBL or SLG
+ US$ 25. p/person. – Huayna Picchu entrance fee (book in advance this extra option with your hike package)
+ US$ 75. p/person. – Vistadome Train (One Way)
+ US$ 120. p/person. – Vistadome Train (Round Trip).
Lares Trek 3 Days – Add Optional Items
US$ 20 Sleeping bag (rent for 2 nights)
US$ 15 Walking pole (rent for 3 days)
US$ 15 Inflatable mattress (rent for 2 nights)
US$ 30 Single tent supplement (rent for 2 nights)
US$ 75 Extra 7 kg/15 lb. of personal items (rent a donkey for 2 days)
Lares Trek 3 Days – TRAIN TIMES: On the second day you will be taking the 4.36 PM or 7:00 PM train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes.
Kondor Path Tours HOW TO BOOK
Lares Trek 3 Days WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED without a completed booking form and deposit sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is a $250 per person deposit needed. All deposits are fully non-refundable. We accept payments through PayPal which will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler, we will email you your booking invoice and confirmation once your information and deposit are received.
Lares Trek 3 Days – Many people will already be familiar with using this system and have PayPal accounts, which is the primary method for purchases and sales on eBay. However, an account is not necessary and clients can pay with PayPal by just using their credit cards.
Please note that with PayPal, if you are sending the deposit transfer online, they will normally call your registered home address to confirm the security of the online transaction. If you are not at your home address to confirm the telephone call, the money transfer may be cancelled.
In addition, if a transfer is made from a computer (IP address) in a different country to normal (i.e. whilst you are travelling abroad), then PayPal may need to contact you at home to confirm the transfer is legitimate. Again, if you are not home, the transfer may be cancelled.
If you are away from home, you may need to consider a family member or friend sending the transfer on your behalf, but we would need to know their name.
WE ACCEPT PAYMENTS THROUGH PAYPAL that will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler; we will email you your booking invoice and confirmation once your information and deposit are received for Lares Trek 3 Days.
Lares Trek 3 Days
|Duration:||3 Day and 2 Night - Lares Trek 3 Days|
|Sites to visit:||Machu Picchu|
|Tour Style:||Adventure (hiking), Camping, and Cultural.|
|Recommended group size:||Minimum 02 Passenger, Maximum 13 Passengers|
|Highlight:||The route of the Incas weavers, Amazing Lares mountain scenery, and Machu Picchu.|
|Location:||Starting near the village Lares, approximately 40 miles north of Cusco and 35 miles east of Machu Picchu. The Lares Valley lies in the east of the Urubamba mountain range, traversing part of the Sacred Valley.|
|Physical Level:||3 Day and 2 Night - Lares Trek 3 Days|
|Total Travel Distance:||30 km / 18.6|
|Departures:||Any day with two people min.|
|Recommended age for the tour:||You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a Kondor Path Tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 14|