Cusco sightings Condors observing
Cusco sightings Condors observing regarded, as one of the rarest birds in the World, the Andean Condor (Vultur gryphus) is the largest LAND BIRD in SOUTH AMERICA. Using thermal updrafts, Condors can soar and glide at up to 50 miles per hour and travel 100 miles or more per day searching for food while expending little energy. When not foraging for food, Condors spend most of their time perched at a roost. Cliffs, tall conifers, and snags serve as roost sites in Chonta and Apurimac Canyon. Kondor Path Tours operate best Condor Sightings near Cusco. If you are visiting Machu Picchu in your vacations! Take a walk to Condor sightings tours in the Apurimac Canyon near Cusco only a few hours from Cusco!
- Tour Start this tour: At 7: 00 am from Cusco.
- Tour Ends: At 20:00 pm when we drop off you at your Hotel.
- Places to explore:
- Quillarumiyoc “Moon Temple” near Ancawasi.
- Tarawasi (Inka house of Tara).
- Activity: Tour and adventure hike exploring the Condor lookouts.
- Trek: From Chonta to Condor Lookouts 1 hour in / 1:30 min. out hike.
- Distance by Kondor van from Cusco to Chonta: 3 hours (2 hours paved route / 1-hour dirt route).
- Difficulty: Easy – Moderate “Cusco sightings Condors observing”
Cusco sightings Condors observing Itinerary
Very early in the morning we pick you up at 7:00 am from you Hotel (Cusco) and we drive you towards Chonta local village “Northwest” on the way we stop at Quillarumiyoc for visiting the Inca site. One we walk around Quillarumiyoc or the Moonstone temple we will observe the enigmatic temples and ritual Inca houses. Next place to explore is Tarawasi (the house of the Tara) the Incas got the control of this lovely valley for controlling people and products; around Limatambo the town close to Tarawasi we can find plenty Inca terraces. From Uraca we start to climb up by our Kondor machine (Van) following a dirt route to Chonta; once we arrive to this Colonial settlement we start our gentle walk looking for the Condor lookouts “the Vistas are nicer” when we stop at the last lookout we can observe better the flight of the Condors. After this Condor observing experience we start to return to Cusco using the same way we came. Thanks for taking our Kondor services to Cusco Condor sightings and Chonta observing Condors.
Cusco sightings Condors observing Inclusion
- The flight of the Condor Cusco 1D
- Excellent English speaking Kondor tour guide
- Pick you up from your Hotel and Drop off in your Hotel!
- Private van + driver (round trip).
- Box lunch per client + (driver & guide).
- Entrance to:
- Moonstone Inca site.
- Tarawasi Inca site.
- Chonta (Cusco sightings Condors observing).
- First aid kit, and a tank of oxygen.
- All local taxes during the trip.
Cusco sightings Condors observing does not included
- Breakfast and Dinner
- Donation to persevere Condors.
Cusco sightings Condors observing Bring
- Recommended to bring dark color clothes to camouflage for viewing the flight of the Condor to this tour!
- Binoculars 10X42 or Telescope. Camera with extra batteries to take the best picture.
- Warm jacket, Rain Jacket, Windbreaker, Sun hat. (Crazy weather) bring all of them in your day backpack.
- Sunscreen (a good one), Mosquito repellent (we have mosquitoes because we have the Apurimac Canyon in front).
- Water: bring a bottle of water of 3 liters per person; if the day is sunny for sure, we need plenty water.
- Mosquito repellent (important) and you are warned!
- Pocket money to purchase local items or fruits in your trip.
CHONTA OBSERVING CONDORS ONE DAY TOUR
GROUP SERVICE: US$ 190. p/person.
* To open a new date of hike we need at least two customers!
** Kondor Path Tours operates the Condor sightings route; our groups are not shared with third parties.
PRIVATE SERVICE: US$ 220. p/person.
RESPONSIBLE Condor Sightings Peru OPERATOR, We are specialists working in the preservation of the Condors (Vultur gryphus).
Kondor Path Tours How to Book
Cusco sightings Condors observing 1 Day WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED without a completed booking form and deposit sent to Kondor Path Tours. All deposits are $50 per person and are non-refundable. We accept payments through PayPal which will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler, we will email you your booking invoice and confirmation once your information and deposit are received.
Many people will already be familiar with using this system and have PayPal accounts, which is the primary method for purchases and sales on eBay. However, an account is not necessary and clients can pay with PayPal by just using their credit cards.
Please note that with PayPal, if you are sending the deposit transfer online, they will normally call your registered home address to confirm the security of the online transaction. If you are not at your home address to confirm the telephone call, the money transfer may be cancelled.
In addition, if a transfer is made from a computer (IP address) in a different country to normal (i.e. whilst you are travelling abroad), then PayPal may need to contact you at home to confirm the transfer is legitimate. Again, if you are not home, the transfer may be cancelled.
If you are away from home, you may need to consider a family member or friend sending the transfer on your behalf, but we would need to know their name.
WE ACCEPT PAYMENTS THROUGH PAYPAL that will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler; we will email you your booking invoice and confirmation once your information and deposit are received.
Click on the image for enlarge the Map
Chonta Apurimac Observing Condors 1 Day
|Sites to visit:||Condor Sightings Cusco, Chonta, and Limatambo Valley|
|Tour Style:||Adventure (Trekking), Ecological, and Bird Cusco - Birdwatching Tour|
|Recommended group size:||Minimum 2 People, Maximum 14 people|
|Highlight:||Take your binoculars and experience 1 day marveling the variety Andean CONDORS that we can find around Apurimac Canyon, and near Cusco.|
|Physical Level:||1 Day|
|Total Travel Distance:||1 hour hike from Chonta to Condor viewpoint|
|Departures:||Between Mid-April to October|
|Recommended age for the tour:||You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a Kondor Path Tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12|