Condor sightings near Cusco
Condor sightings near Cusco is located in the rural community of Chonta within Limatambo district, nestled between the mountains that shape a canyon, found in the ecological floor Puna where you can see a wonderful panoramic landscape, forests, lakes, rivers and see the flight of the condor who daily make their trip of the area attracting tourists visit. Currently, this site features a habitat of 200 condors. Welcome to this trip to observe the flight of the condors in Cusco and near Chonta canyon.
- Tour start: At 7: 00 am
- Tour End: At 20:00 pm
- Places to explore: Quillarumiyoc “Moonstone Inca site”
- Activity: The flight of the Condor experience
- Trek: Chonta to Condor Lookout viewpoint 1 hour in / 1:30 out
- Cusco – Chonta Van distance: 3 hours
- Best Time to visit March to November
- Road conditions: 1st hour paved road in excellent condition, 2nd. Hour dirt road in good condition and the 3rd. hour dirt road trail in poor condition.
- Difficulty: Easy – Moderate
- Meal: Box lunch included.
Condor sightings near Cusco Itinerary
We start from your Cusco hotel in the morning for a full-day excursion of “The flight of the Condor “ by Kondor van, driving alongside the Anta plains. Visit the Moon ruins “Quillarumiyoc” and admire the views of the Limatambo valley below. 3 hours by Van to Chonta community 3,900 m / 12,795 ft., when we arrive we have to walk one hour to Condors Lookout viewpoint. We continue observing the flight of the Condor then to have a box lunch with great vistas. After the flight of the Condor, we will drive to the town of Limatambo. Return to Cusco.
Condor sightings near Cusco Inclusion
- Condor sightings near Cusco 1D
- Active tour itinerary with unique expedition features
- Excellent English speaking Kondor tour guide
- Private tours / personalized service for the (Condor sightings near Cusco).
- Pick you up from your Hotel and Drop off in your Hotel
- Private tourist transport “Kondor van” + driver
- Box lunch per client + (driver and guide).
- Entrance to The flight of the Condor near Cusco.
- Entrance to Moonstone Inca site.
- First aid kit for (Condor sightings near Cusco).
- All local taxes.
Condor sightings near Cusco Bring
- Dark color clothes (camouflage for viewing the flight of the Condor)
- Binoculars 10X42 or Telescope. Camera with extra batteries.
- Warm jacket, Rain Jacket, Windbreaker, Sun hat.
- A very good sunblock.
- Important to bring Mosquito repellent
- Water bottle 3 liters p.p
- Pocket money (Condor sightings near Cusco).
Condor sightings near Cusco 1 Day Trip
GROUP SERVICE: US$ 190. p/person.
* To open a new date of hike we need at least two customers!
** Kondor Path Tours operates the Condor sightings route; our groups are not shared with third parties.
PRIVATE SERVICE: US$ 220. p/person.
RESPONSIBLE Condor sightings near Cusco OPERATOR, We are specialists working on the preservation of the Condors (Vultur gryphus) at Chonta village and Apurimac Canyon.
Kondor Path Tours How to Book
Condor sightings near Cusco 1 Day WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED without a completed booking form and deposit sent to Kondor Path Tours. All deposits are $50 per person and are non-refundable. We accept payments through PayPal which will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler, we will email you your booking invoice and confirmation once your information and deposit are received.
Many people will already be familiar with using this system and have PayPal accounts, which is the primary method for purchases and sales on eBay. However, an account is not necessary and clients can pay with PayPal by just using their credit cards.
Please note that with PayPal, if you are sending the deposit transfer online, they will normally call your registered home address to confirm the security of the online transaction. If you are not at your home address to confirm the telephone call, the money transfer may be cancelled.
In addition, if a transfer is made from a computer (IP address) in a different country to normal (i.e. whilst you are travelling abroad), then PayPal may need to contact you at home to confirm the transfer is legitimate. Again, if you are not home, the transfer may be cancelled.
If you are away from home, you may need to consider a family member or friend sending the transfer on your behalf, but we would need to know their name.
WE ACCEPT PAYMENTS THROUGH PAYPAL that will incur a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveler; we will email you your booking invoice and confirmation once your information and deposit are received.
Click on the image for enlarge the Map
Condor Sightings Near Cusco 1 Day Trip
|Sites to visit:||Condor Sightings Cusco, Chonta, and Limatambo Valley|
|Tour Style:||Adventure (Trekking), Ecological, and Bird Cusco - Birdwatching Tour|
|Recommended group size:||Minimum 2 People, Maximum 14 people|
|Highlight:||Take your binoculars and experience 1 day marveling the variety Andean CONDORS that we can find around Apurimac Canyon, and near Cusco.|
|Physical Level:||1 Day|
|Total Travel Distance:||1 hour hike from Chonta to Condor viewpoint|
|Departures:||Between Mid-April to October|
|Recommended age for the tour:||You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a Kondor Path Tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12|